Frustration with wrapping ImageTexture
Author Message
 Frustration with wrapping ImageTexture

Hello,

 I've spend considerable time this week trying to wrap a singe image texture
around and Indexed Fac Set.
 It keeps showing up on each "side" of the object rather than wrapping
around it in one piece.

 I've tried it in Spazz and True Space, Internet Space Builder  (it may be
my newbie incompetence, not he software)
Someone suggested I use Cosmo Worlds, which to my knowledge is unavailable.
Let me know in e-mail if that is not the case....

  Do I have to own 3D Max or a program that expensive to map texture
coordinates around an complex object?

   Is it really this hard to do this?

Thanks,
Frank Heflin

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Frustration with wrapping ImageTexture
You can do it by hand, simple example here from "VRML 2.0 Sourcebook."

http://www.wiley.com/compbooks/vrml2sbk/ch18/18fig21.htm

Anyway you slice it, the picture you use will probably be distorted to
various degrees on the different faces of the object.

Choosing a mapping of image to object, that minimizes the distortions for
any shape, would require a subtle algorithm.  I'm unsurprised that the
cheaper tools might not do it.

Quote:

>Hello,

> I've spend considerable time this week trying to wrap a singe image
texture
>around and Indexed Fac Set.
> It keeps showing up on each "side" of the object rather than wrapping
>around it in one piece.

> I've tried it in Spazz and True Space, Internet Space Builder  (it may be
>my newbie incompetence, not he software)
>Someone suggested I use Cosmo Worlds, which to my knowledge is unavailable.
>Let me know in e-mail if that is not the case....

>  Do I have to own 3D Max or a program that expensive to map texture
>coordinates around an complex object?

>   Is it really this hard to do this?

>Thanks,
>Frank Heflin

Thu, 10 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ImageTextures in PROTOs

2. ElevationGrid + ImageTexture = ?

3. Changing image in imageTexture with EAI

4. EAI to change picture in ImageTexture-node??

5. ImageTexture loads only once

6. Setting the URL field for ImageTexture with EAI ???

7. ImageTexture won't repeat

8. Connecting multiple ImageTextures to an Elevation Grid

9. Blaxxun3D ImageTexture doesn't work

10. Lighting on ImageTextures?

11. base 64 imagetexture

12. Blaxxun3d and VRML, ImageTexture conflict