How to get references to nodes within string/URL
Author Message
 How to get references to nodes within string/URL

Quote:
>    I am doing a Project which involves transfer of vrml over a socket
> from a server to clients, after which the client (which uses Java/EAI)
> should be able to reference each and every DEF'd node in the VRML
> (eg. I have a hierarchical structure & I want to refer to each node in
> the hierarchy).   Now CreateVrmlFromString() followed by a call to the
> AddChildren eventIn results in loss of DEF information, so that that I
> cannot get a reference to a node that has been added dynamically.  The
> only reference available is to the top-level node in the string, which
> is returned while calling CreateVRMLFromString() itself.
> Is there some way to get references to nodes deep inside a dynamically
> added hierarchy, short of writing a full-fledged VRML parser and
> creating a linked structure representing the VRML scene that has been
> added (not too efficient as I don't have pointers in Java!!!).

You must go through all children nodes.
I'm working on a Vrml chart generator and I make a call to
createVrmlFromString.
The string is generated by Java objects that have the Vrml hierachical
structure.
Every objects knows how much nodes it generates.
Then the top java object gets the top level node and it knows which
child object gets which node and so on.

Try it.
Heiko
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
RothSoft
www.rothsoft.de
Tel 0381 / 5196 244
Fax 0381 / 5196 266

Mon, 20 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. need help getting the URL from within an embedded scene

2. How do I Create and set up Nodes within Java nodes

3. Ada String Issue: String within Strings

4. string variable within a string

5. string variables within strings

6. String insert within a string (src code included)

7. Valid type declarations within a formula node

8. Property Node for a control within a cluster

9. question: Scrpit Node URL with local Java

10. using a Node within a prototype

11. Creating a prototype node instance within another prototype.

12. Reading URL's content from script node