java-error
Author Message
 java-error

Hi,

I've made a vrml world, which contains a Script Node that has to do some
text processing and which makes a java-awt frame. On my system (Cosmo 2.1.1
Netscape 4.7) it all works. By some other people using Cosmo in combination
with IE the following error appears:

file://E:/Jeroens%20documenten/Overigen/schaakspel%203d/schaken.class
# Could not load the script class
file://E:/Jeroens%20documenten/Overigen/schaakspel%203d/schaken.class.
# Please make sure the class is declared PUBLIC or the class file exists.
* Could not load any url for Script node 'programma'

I don't onderstand this error because the Java class is in the right
directory and it is declared public.

What is going wrong??

Alexander Breugem

Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:13:00 GMT
 java-error
In IE you have to  specify *full* path otherwise it wont find the class
even if in the same directory.
Outside of this you can encounter others problems due to IE own jvm.

Sylvain Carette
VRML designer-composer

Quote:

> Hi,

> I've made a VRML world, which contains a Script Node that has to do some
> text processing and which makes a java-awt frame. On my system (Cosmo 2.1.1
> Netscape 4.7) it all works. By some other people using Cosmo in combination
> with IE the following error appears:

> file://E:/Jeroens%20documenten/Overigen/schaakspel%203d/schaken.class
> # Could not load the script class
> file://E:/Jeroens%20documenten/Overigen/schaakspel%203d/schaken.class.
> # Please make sure the class is declared PUBLIC or the class file exists.
> * Could not load any url for Script node 'programma'

> I don't onderstand this error because the Java class is in the right
> directory and it is declared public.

> What is going wrong??

> Alexander Breugem

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:13:29 GMT

1. java error messages

2. "Netscape 4.05 under NT" crash with JAVA-error

3. ServerSmalltalk/Java RMI unmarshalling error

4. VRML+JavaScript+Java&EAI error on NT (but not 95)

5. Java Script class open connection security error

6. ada->java bytecode compilation errors

7. java typecast error

8. array assignment error in F90(under Java Native Interface)

9. arithematic error in mixed Fortran and Java programming

10. errors in mixed Java and Fortran90 program

11. Import Error: no module named Java

12. Jacl:: java::bind error?!?