layers in VRML
Author Message
 layers in VRML

hi,

i want to see just a layer of my geometrie in my VRML-world. I therfore
want to define some coordinates (thickness or dimensions) of the layer
and only geometry elements that are in the defined box should be
visualized. Is that possible with VRML? If yes, could you say me want I
have to do?

Thanks a lot for your help,

mike

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:29:44 GMT
 layers in VRML
Quote:
> i want to see just a layer of my geometrie in my VRML-world. I therfore
> want to define some coordinates (thickness or dimensions) of the layer
> and only geometry elements that are in the defined box should be
> visualized. Is that possible with VRML? If yes, could you say me want I
> have to do?

you can't really do that without some Scripting. but if you can group your
objects that you want visible at a time (and if there are some objects in
multiple groups you can just DEFine them and then USE them in the other
groups). place all the nodes for each group in a Group node, then place all
the Group nodes in a Switch node.. i can provide examples if nescessary.
db

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:45:20 GMT
 layers in VRML

Quote:
> > i want to see just a layer of my geometrie in my VRML-world. I therfore
> > want to define some coordinates (thickness or dimensions) of the layer
> > and only geometry elements that are in the defined box should be
> > visualized. Is that possible with VRML? If yes, could you say me want I
> > have to do?
> you can't really do that without some Scripting. but if you can group your
> objects that you want visible at a time (and if there are some objects in
> multiple groups you can just DEFine them and then USE them in the other
> groups). place all the nodes for each group in a Group node, then place
all
> the Group nodes in a Switch node.. i can provide examples if nescessary.
> db

Hi,

blaxxun Contact 4.4 from www.blaxxun.com supports the MPEG4 Layer3d node,
5.0 additionally the Layer2d nodes. However these are extensions nodes (or
call them proprietary ones ), so they will work only with blaxxun Contact
and not in 'regular' vrml
Bernd

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:52:40 GMT

1. Use of LAYERS with VRML browsers?

2. eai vrml layer...

3. from near VRML to REAL VRML : My first EAI / Java / VRML Humanoid Avatar

4. IE6 +VRML + javascript in VRML trouble (was: problem using javascript window.open in VRML)

5. GOODIE: Layered View

6. Bit Stuffing for Datacomm Layer

7. How to test if the bsd layer is installed

8. Implement layering in Smalltalk

9. (newbies) Text Editor with layer

10. Freeware DDT Visual Designer now supports Layering Technology

11. layering canvases problem

12. Access Layer for Object Studio