2nd post - please help .....
Author Message
 2nd post - please help .....

Hi,

I'm creating a PROTO which allows the user to specify their own geometry
node. I need to be able to retrieve the XYZ dimensions of this geometry
WITHOUT explicitly creating another SFVec3f field that the user has to fill
in also.

Is this possible?

I thought of using bboxSize but it's not an exposedField and from what I can
gather is usually automatically calculated by the vrml browser. This is the
sort of value I need though!

Any help appreciated ...

Regards,
Brian.

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 2nd post - please help .....
Hello Brian,

As far as I know, there's no standard interface for doing advanced
(from VRML's point of view) things. Basically you have two ways to go,
depending on what you need more---compatibility with different browsers
or speed of execution. In the first case take a standard interface for
accessing scene and implement the desired functionality yourself (for
bounding boxes it's not a big deal). Otherwise, find a browser that
implements it natively (there should be some), and stick with it's
proprietary interface (which is not good).

All the best,

Igor Mironov, Scripting Technician
ParallelGraphics

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with VB DLL & Clarion 5B EE ( 2nd Post ) Please Help !!!

2. 2nd Posting: Link Error: To many segdef in file:8,800 - Please Help

3. 2nd post, C4B2 - Please help!!

4. Tk experts please HELP! (2nd posting)

5. 2nd Posting Please Helpppp..... Biff Viewer

6. SURVEY ON MESSAGE-ORIENTED MIDDLEWARE (please respond, 2nd post)

7. SURVEY ON MESSAGE-ORIENTED MIDDLEWARE (please respond, 2nd post)

8. HELP: IEEE conversion (2nd post)

9. 2nd post Urgent: Need help with FM2.9!

10. Help : QBE Report doesnt work. 2nd posting

11. HELP: SQL ODBC date range, 2nd post

12. please, please, please, please, help