Hardware acceleration with Cosmo Player 2
Author Message
 Hardware acceleration with Cosmo Player 2

I'm trying to use Cosmo Player 2 with S3 Virge DX 2Mo but the console dont
like me :

  Welcome to Cosmo Player 2.0.
  No hardware acceleration. Using software-only mode.
  SGI Generic
  Rendering library loaded

No sond in all world and poor speed with "chomp"

My mother told me "doesn't matter" but my mother don't know the difference
between a screen and a keyboard.

Would you rescue me?

"Merci pour tout!"

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Hardware acceleration with Cosmo Player 2

Quote:

> I'm trying to use Cosmo Player 2 with S3 Virge DX 2Mo but the console dont
> like me :

>   Welcome to Cosmo Player 2.0.
>   No hardware acceleration. Using software-only mode.
>   SGI Generic
>   Rendering library loaded

Are you sure you have an openGL driver for the Virge DX? Does one exist
anyway?

By the way, the Virge series are not that good in 3D. I doubt it will
really speed up VRML. But if you really want hardware-acceleration, and
you don't care to change browser, you could try S3 WorldView 2.0
(WorldView with S3 Virge support). It should be reachable directly from
http://www.s3.com/

Bye,
        Marijn

 ros et vies dot rue dot enel
 Commercial and/or unsolicited email and/or spam will be
 processed for a DFL100 handling fee. Unsolicited sending
 constitutes acceptance.

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hardware acceleration with Squeak Smalltalk?

2. VRML Viewer using D3D hardware acceleration ?

3. CP2.1b rendering Hardware Acceleration?

4. Hardware acceleration for raytracing purposes

5. We need to know if hardware acceleration can help our VRML performance

6. HARDWARE ACCELERATION

7. Software versus Hardware Acceleration

8. LIVE3D and hardware acceleration

9. Hardware acceleration (Direct-3D)?

10. Hardware acceleration for raytracing purposes

11. VRML and hardware acceleration

12. PyOpenGL on Linux: waiting for hardware acceleration