My HUD doesn't appear when the world is loaded
Author Message
 My HUD doesn't appear when the world is loaded

Hi,

In the HUD i have a  proximity sensor with size 2e32 2e32 2e32. I also have
a viewpoint that is in position 0 0 5000 (when I change the position to 0 0
50, the problem is solved). When the world is loaded, I can't see the HUD.
Only when I start rotating it a bit it appears. Do you know why?

Thanx,
Ittay

Graphics Team.   Platforms R&D.  Robcad.
Tecnomatix Technologies Ltd. (www.tecnomatix.com)
Delta House, 16 Ha-Galim Ave. Tel: +972-9-9594797
Herzelyia-B, 46733, Israel Fax: +972-9-9544402

Mon, 20 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 My HUD doesn't appear when the world is loaded
This is a tipical Z-buffer problem.
The distance range of the nearby HUD and the far away geometry (5000) is too
big for your graphics card . (e.g. permedia2 processors have a small Z
buffer range).
If you change to software rendering, the Z-buffer should have 32 bit for the
distance ranges. Then the HUD should be visable again.
To avoid this problem, you can change your graphics card, for example to a
TNT2 or GeForce256 :-).
You can also try to put the HUD a bit further away from the viewpoint or
change the visibilityLimit parameters of NavigationInfo.

http://www.vrml.org/technicalinfo/specifications/vrml97/part1/nodesRe...
NavigationInfo

Also:
"It is recommended that the near clipping plane be set to one-half of the
collision radius as specified in the avatarSize field (setting the near
plane to this value prevents excessive clipping of objects just above the
collision volume, and also provides a region inside the collision volume for
content authors to include geometry intended to remain fixed relative to the
viewer). Such geometry shall not be occluded by geometry outside of the
collision volume."

I do not know the exact solution for your HUD, but the answer can be found
by trying the above mentioned aspects...

Hope this helps

Martijn Stellingwerff
Delft Univ. of Technology.

Quote:
> Hi,

> In the HUD i have a  proximity sensor with size 2e32 2e32 2e32. I also
have
> a viewpoint that is in position 0 0 5000 (when I change the position to 0
0
> 50, the problem is solved). When the world is loaded, I can't see the HUD.
> Only when I start rotating it a bit it appears. Do you know why?

> Thanx,
> Ittay

> --

> Graphics Team.   Platforms R&D.  Robcad.
> Tecnomatix Technologies Ltd. (www.tecnomatix.com)
> Delta House, 16 Ha-Galim Ave. Tel: +972-9-9594797
> Herzelyia-B, 46733, Israel Fax: +972-9-9544402

Mon, 20 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. XWindow doesn't appear solved

2. XWindow doesn't appear

3. XWindow doesn't appear

4. popup menu doesn't appear when tcl/tk script called from C

5. Tcl_AsyncMark doesn't appear to wake the notifier under UNIX

6. tclsh/wish prompt doesn't appear after puts from Tk widget

7. I want to rotate myn worlds with 4 buttons i a hud-wiev

8. C4 Gold - File Loaded Combo Update Doesn't work

9. gtk doesn't load

10. pkgIndex.tcl for Itcl doesn't load Itcl in vanilla wish

11. Tcl Shell doesn't refer to registry entry when loading

12. load command doesn't works