VRML Editor
Author Message
 VRML Editor

I have been trying to find a vrml editor that has the below
specifications;

1. Can create a solid primitive cube shape using the VRML box node.
2. Can control how a custom texture that I create myself, is applied to
the object surface. For example, location of the texture on the surface,
tiling the texture both horizontally or vertically in any amount, and
possibly rotating the texture.
3. Has a snap to grid that can create a customized grid interval.
4. Do boolean addition and subtraction of solid shapes especially the
box shape.
5. Be able to add a url anchor to a surface.
6. Be able to create custom VRML Viewpoints.
7. The ability to be able to edit after creating, in case I make
mistakes.
8. An editor that is not extremely hard to use or learn.

I have been trying to find this VRML Editor with these specifications
for some time with no luck. Could anyone please recommend a VRML Editor
that would be able to accomplish these below tasks.

TIA,
Dennis Palumbo

Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML Editor
Have you tried Spazz3d?   http://www.spazz3d.com
Quote:

> I have been trying to find a VRML editor that has the below
> specifications;

> 1. Can create a solid primitive cube shape using the VRML box node.
> 2. Can control how a custom texture that I create myself, is applied to
> the object surface. For example, location of the texture on the surface,
> tiling the texture both horizontally or vertically in any amount, and
> possibly rotating the texture.
> 3. Has a snap to grid that can create a customized grid interval.
> 4. Do boolean addition and subtraction of solid shapes especially the
> box shape.
> 5. Be able to add a url anchor to a surface.
> 6. Be able to create custom VRML Viewpoints.
> 7. The ability to be able to edit after creating, in case I make
> mistakes.
> 8. An editor that is not extremely hard to use or learn.

> I have been trying to find this VRML Editor with these specifications
> for some time with no luck. Could anyone please recommend a VRML Editor
> that would be able to accomplish these below tasks.

> TIA,
> Dennis Palumbo

Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML Editor

Quote:

> I have been trying to find a VRML editor that has the below
> specifications;

> 1. Can create a solid primitive cube shape using the VRML box node.
> 2. Can control how a custom texture that I create myself, is applied to
> the object surface. For example, location of the texture on the surface,
> tiling the texture both horizontally or vertically in any amount, and
> possibly rotating the texture.
> 3. Has a snap to grid that can create a customized grid interval.
> 4. Do boolean addition and subtraction of solid shapes especially the
> box shape.
> 5. Be able to add a url anchor to a surface.
> 6. Be able to create custom VRML Viewpoints.
> 7. The ability to be able to edit after creating, in case I make
> mistakes.
> 8. An editor that is not extremely hard to use or learn.

> I have been trying to find this VRML Editor with these specifications
> for some time with no luck. Could anyone please recommend a VRML Editor
> that would be able to accomplish these below tasks.

I would recommend Internet Space Builder from Parallel Graphics:
   http://www.parallelgraphics.com/

It fits your requirements precisely - and I personally find its
interface a lot easier to grasp than Spazz3D's (not to say that Spazz3D
isn't a great program!)

- Paul
***********************************
Paul S. Hoffman
Senior Interface Designer, Cognetics Corporation

Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555

Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Old VRML Editors

2. Is there any free Graphic VRML editor?

3. 3D vRML Editor

4. Free VRML Editor??

5. need vrml-editor

6. Where can I get a good VRML editor?

7. vrml editor gesucht

8. VRML Editor for Linux

9. Best VRML Editor

10. Were i can get a good VRML editor?????

11. ISO: simple VRML editor shareware

12. VRML editor ????????????