Some ways to communicate in multi-user world.
Author Message
 Some ways to communicate in multi-user world.

Hi,

I think, there is some techniques to communicate with avatars:

1) visually (smile, wave etc.),
2) sound (sy hello, sing...),
3) 2D chats,
4) interactive objects (playing chesse, give some objects to other avatar,
etc).

My questions are:

1) Can i find some technical documentations about these techniques on the
web ?
2) Do you know some other techniques ?

Best regards,

Paul.

--

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 01:18:47 GMT
 Some ways to communicate in multi-user world.

http://www.blaxxun.com/support/developerguide/developer/
gives some information about how point 4) and 1) can be achieved
using blaxxun's multi-user extensions to the vrml 97 Spec.

Cheers,
Marc

Quote:

> Hi,

> I think, there is some techniques to communicate with avatars:

> 1) visually (smile, wave etc.),
> 2) sound (sy hello, sing...),
> 3) 2D chats,
> 4) interactive objects (playing chesse, give some objects to other avatar,
> etc).

> My questions are:

> 1) Can i find some technical documentations about these techniques on the
> web ?
> 2) Do you know some other techniques ?

> Best regards,

> Paul.

> --

 marc kaufmann                                  blaxxun interactive
 3D engineer                                 http://www.blaxxun.com
Visit us from March 22 - March 28, 2001 at
CeBIT 2001 in Hannover,  Hall 6 / Booth E33

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:10:52 GMT
 Some ways to communicate in multi-user world.
Hi Pava and Marc

Let's not forget that Traveler is still out there.
With it we can:
1 Show Smiles, Frowns, Anger...
2 Say Hello in and whatever else in multiuser attenuated stereo voice chat
3 If by 2D chat you mean text, we have limited text too
4 Only interactive objects are our own avatars, but we've had drag races
and other games at times.

Scope my site if you like, join us inworld :)
http://www.OzGate.com

-=Oz=-

Quote:
>Pawe,

>http://www.blaxxun.com/support/developerguide/developer/
>gives some information about how point 4) and 1) can be achieved
>using blaxxun's multi-user extensions to the VRML 97 Spec.

>Cheers,
>Marc

>> Hi,

>> I think, there is some techniques to communicate with avatars:

>> 1) visually (smile, wave etc.),
>> 2) sound (sy hello, sing...),
>> 3) 2D chats,
>> 4) interactive objects (playing chesse, give some objects to other
>> avatar, etc).

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 22:28:34 GMT
 Some ways to communicate in multi-user world.
www.holodesk.com
Quote:
Posted At: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 10:29 AM
Posted To: vrml
Conversation: Some ways to communicate in multi-user world.
Subject: Re: Some ways to communicate in multi-user world.

Hi Pava and Marc

Let's not forget that Traveler is still out there.
With it we can:
1 Show Smiles, Frowns, Anger...
2 Say Hello in and whatever else in multiuser attenuated stereo voice
chat
3 If by 2D chat you mean text, we have limited text too
4 Only interactive objects are our own avatars, but we've had drag races
and other games at times.

Scope my site if you like, join us inworld :)
http://www.OzGate.com

-=Oz=-

>Pawe,

>http://www.blaxxun.com/support/developerguide/developer/
>gives some information about how point 4) and 1) can be achieved
>using blaxxun's multi-user extensions to the VRML 97 Spec.

>Cheers,
>Marc

>> Hi,

>> I think, there is some techniques to communicate with avatars:

>> 1) visually (smile, wave etc.),
>> 2) sound (sy hello, sing...),
>> 3) 2D chats,
>> 4) interactive objects (playing chesse, give some objects to other
>> avatar, etc).

Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:42:56 GMT

1. Multi-user vrml world

2. Multi User 3d Worlds in Elementary/Primary Education

3. beginner asking about multi user world

4. VRML multi-user worlds

5. ?How to create multi-user VRML worlds

6. NEW: multi-user VRML world

7. multi-user worlds

8. Blaxxun Connect and multi-user VRML worlds

9. how to make multi-user world?

10. knowledge about multi-user VRML world ??

11. Multi-tasking and Multi-user

12. Multi-tasking and Multi-user