Java3D
Author Message
 Java3D

Is there a Java3D mailing list out there anywhere?

--
James & Sue Ann Birchfield
--

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Java3D

Quote:

> Is there a Java3D mailing list out there anywhere?

        Yes, go to:

       http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/3D/forDevelopers/interest_gro...

        for signup details.

--
Allen L. McPherson               Member Holstein Aerobatic Club
Los Alamos National Laboratory   Scientific Viz / Advanced Computing Lab

Los Alamos, NM   87545           Voice: (505) 665-6548  Fax: (505) 665-4939

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Java3D

Quote:

>Is there a Java3D mailing list out there anywhere?

API home page:

        http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/3D/

And follow the links for the java3d-interest list.  Or you can
go directly to:

http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/3D/forDevelopers/interest_gro...

Basically, you just need to send e-mail with:

        subscribe java3d-interest

in the message body (not subject header) to:

--
Kevin Rushforth
Java 3D Team

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Java3D
More important: does it work????
I subscribed while j3D was still in alpha and have never received
anything.....
I believe by your answers that it may work now???
I am going to subscribe again
Olivier

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Java3D

Quote:

>More important: does it work????
>I subscribed while j3D was still in alpha and have never received
>anything.....
>I believe by your answers that it may work now???
>I am going to subscribe again
>Olivier

    Java 3D is officially out, along with Java 2, formerly known as
JDK 1.2.  It more or less works.  It comes with a set of very simple
demo programs, most of which work.  There's a little vrml editor
called "mjbworld" that uses it.  I've been able to get that working,
with difficulty.

                                        John Nagle

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Java3D

Quote:
>     Java 3D is officially out, along with Java 2, formerly known as
> JDK 1.2.  It more or less works.  It comes with a set of very simple
> demo programs, most of which work.  There's a little VRML editor
> called "mjbworld" that uses it.  I've been able to get that working,
> with difficulty.

I have been trying to get J3D to work for my finals project (a java
powered 3d editor). So far I have the Swing GUI working apart from an
irritating redraw error - when the mouse moves and causes a redraw event
like the expansion of a tree or selection of a menu item - the whole thing
redraws nicely except a box centred on the mouse that displays what used
to be there. Any ideas why that is? I think it's because my processor is
weak.

About J3D - I have installed the win-32 opengl version and even installed
opengl yet when I try to run the demos I get "device attached to the
system not functioning properly" errors. Is an opengl compatible card
required to run J3D because I don't havea 3d card at all!

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
Tim.

,----------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Tim Needham.                                                         |
| OU Computer Society President.             |\    ___,,--,_        __ |

| http://ox.compsoc.net/~timothy            |,4   ) )_    ) /~-----'   |
`------------------------------------------'---^~(_/-_)--(_/_)---------'
         Q: What's yellow and equivalent to the Axiom of Choice?
                           A: Zorn's Lemon!

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Learning 3d & Java3d: Scenegraphs, Loading & Viewing VRML with Java3d

2. Java3D vs VRML

3. Status of the VRML browser for Java3D?

4. Java application incorporating VRML and Java3D...

5. Thoughts about the Java3D-VRML browser...

6. EAI or JAVA3D

7. ANNOUNCE : CyberToolbox for Java3D Release 1.2

8. Java3D access like EAI

9. Java3D and VRML

10. ANNOUNCE : CyberToolBox for Java3D Release 1.1

11. Differences bet Java3D and VRML?

12. ANNOUNCE: CyberToolbox for Java3D Release 1.0