to pixel texture?

regards

Marcin

Thu, 24 Nov 2005 20:51:55 GMT
 questions-pixelTexture

Quote:
> Does anybody known any
> grahic editor for pixel texture?
> Or any method to convert jpg/png/gif
> to pixel texture?

Personnally, i know only two (they convert images to pixeltextures):

- PixelTex by Peter Gerstmann:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~pgerstma/protolib/index.html?node=Pi...

- PixelTex 0.2 (same name but other program) by Stuart Williams:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
(Note to Stuart: btw, I'll {*filter*} you soon if you never reupload
your files, lol ;)

The second one may be a little more handy to use given for the first one,
you have to drop the file you want to convert on the exe, whereas
the second one has a gui. The second one is limited to 256*256 (or
128*128, i forgot) images, i don't know if the first one has a size
limit too. But on the other hand, for images above that size, keeping
the texture as gif/jpg/png is imho better (unless you want
to do a specific use).

For an direct editor of pixeltextures, no idea :| however you
should be able to have what you want with one of those two converters
plus a 'normal' image editor like photoshop or paint shop pro.

Fri, 25 Nov 2005 07:06:15 GMT
 questions-pixelTexture
You can try Image2vrml:

     http://www.memeticdesign.de/rp/image2vrml/image2vrml_java.html

Regards, Roland

--
Roland Praehofer webdesign.sound.virtual_environments

web:http://www.memeticdesign.de

Fri, 25 Nov 2005 07:20:22 GMT
 questions-pixelTexture

Quote:
> But on the other hand, for images above that size, keeping
> the texture as gif/jpg/png is imho better (unless you want
> to do a specific use).

Of course, PixelTexture has two big advantages:

1. You can have your image files inside the .wrl- file
The image data is immidiately there when the vrml source has
been downloaded. It's pretty annoying if you have one or
several buttons in your world, that should be visible
immidiately and you only see geometry without anything.
You can also send it via email,etc.

2. You can alter the image data in vrmlscript.

The size of your images will be bigger,
but you can gzip the files which works very well.

Regards, Roland

--
Roland Praehofer webdesign.sound.virtual_environments

web:http://www.memeticdesign.de

Fri, 25 Nov 2005 07:35:11 GMT
 questions-pixelTexture

Quote:

> Does anybody known any
> grahic editor for pixel texture?
> Or any method to convert jpg/png/gif
> to pixel texture?

I have written a converter in PHP that auto detects the number of
colour components and alpha channel. It works for PNG and JPEG formats
and requires the GD library version 2 (which ships with PHP 4.3).

My web server hasn't yet been upgraded to 4.3 but I'll let you know
when the script is availble for use online. In the meantime if you are
have access to a sever running PHP 4.3 I can email it to you. Let me
know.

There's also another standalone .EXE to do conversions. It was
available at http://www.{*filter*}worlds.org.uk but the site seems to be
down at present.

Regards,
BrianHay.

Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:28:32 GMT
 questions-pixelTexture

Quote:
>You can try Image2vrml:
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sounds interesting :)

Quote:
> There's also another standalone .EXE to do conversions. It was
> available at http://www.{*filter*}worlds.org.uk but the site seems to be
> down at present.

Yes it's Stuart's, and the site being down is the reason why i've had
to upload a copy of it instead of the normal link.

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 03:21:53 GMT
 questions-pixelTexture
Hi

Thanks for all answers

marcin

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 03:09:31 GMT

1. Pixeltexture

2. PixelTexture and EAI

3. CosmoPlayer/ EAI/ PixelTexture

4. PixelTextures and Java

5. How to attach a PixelTexture to a TimeSensor?

6. Need Help with PixelTexture

7. further - Transparent PixelTexture??

8. Transparent PixelTexture??

9. Get yet PixelTexture maker here

10. PixelTexture conversion

11. pixeltexture- once more

12. Questions-Questions-Questions-Answers-Answers