Is "www.vrml.org" dead?
Author Message
 Is "www.vrml.org" dead?

     It's still there, but nothing has changed in months.  There are
calls for votes and papers with deadlines long past, and the last
news update was midsummer.  I sent them an E-mail: "Are you dead?".
No answer yet.

     So it looks like the vrml consortium is, if not dead, moribund.
Sad.

                                        John Nagle

Wed, 30 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Is "www.vrml.org" dead?

Quote:

>      It's still there, but nothing has changed in months.  There are
> calls for votes and papers with deadlines long past, and the last
> news update was midsummer.  I sent them an E-mail: "Are you dead?".
> No answer yet.
>      So it looks like the VRML consortium is, if not dead, moribund.
> Sad.

Research ppl have better things to do than updating silly webpages,
look at www.ietf.org, it havent changed in years but still live and well!

--
bjorn.l . bjorn(e)goatnet.ml.org
http://www.goatnet.ml.org

... why walk in reality then you can fly in virtuality

Wed, 30 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Is "www.vrml.org" dead?

Quote:

>>      It's still there, but nothing has changed in months.  There are
>> calls for votes and papers with deadlines long past, and the last
>> news update was midsummer.  I sent them an E-mail: "Are you dead?".
>> No answer yet.
>>      So it looks like the VRML consortium is, if not dead, moribund.
>> Sad.
>Research ppl have better things to do than updating silly webpages,
>look at www.ietf.org, it havent changed in years but still live and well!

     "www.vrml.org" is a promotional and standards organization.

     Their latest push was a name change to "Web 3D".  They announced
a member vote last summer, to be completed by September, and haven't
yet posted whether the vote passed, or if anybody bothered to vote.

                                        John Nagle

Wed, 30 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. www.lisp.org and www.alu.org now point to ALU web site

2. HELP "Clarion DEAD"

3. "dead" newsgroup fix

4. Starship - "I'm not dead."

5. "Dead" Code

6. tcl.apache.org : "why tcl?"

7. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

8. <a href="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1060">Visit

9. www.vrml.org ?

11. Parsing ""D""?

12. "Fifth", "Forth", zai nar?