eai getBrowser trouble
Author Message
 eai getBrowser trouble

i'm trying to access vrml using eai under java (JBuilder 3.0).
everytime the applet crashes at the

browser = Browser.getBrowser(this);

command, telling

java.security.AccessControlExeption: access denied

Quote:
>java.lang.RuntimePermission accessClassInPackage.netscape.plugin >

I's appreciate any hints...

christoph schmid

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 eai getBrowser trouble
What VRML browser (and version) are you using? Make sure it actually implements the
EAI...

HTH

Adam

Quote:

> i'm trying to access vrml using eai under java (JBuilder 3.0).
> &lt;java.lang.RuntimePermission
> accessClassInPackage.netscape.plugin >

> I'd appreciate any hints...

> christoph schmid

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 eai getBrowser trouble

Quote:

> What VRML browser (and version) are you using? Make sure it actually implements the
> EAI...

> HTH

> Adam

> > i'm trying to access vrml using eai under java (JBuilder 3.0).
> > &lt;java.lang.RuntimePermission
> > accessClassInPackage.netscape.plugin >

> > I'd appreciate any hints...

> > christoph schmid

I'm using CosmoPlayer 2.1, I don't get any error messages anymore, but the getBrowser
always returns null...

Christoph

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 eai getBrowser trouble

Hello,

Can you run an EAI example from a URL on the net ? Like this one:
http://tecfa.unige.ch/guides/vrml/examples/eai/tiny3D/tiny3D.html

If you can run from the net, then your browser installation/configuration is OK.

Are you trying to run from your local hard disk ? I've found that with NS, I have to
start the browser first - then load the html file that starts the EAI applet - when
running from the hard drive. Else I never will get a handle to the browser.

The following example is a fairly robust EAI applet that also includes the applet source
code. Once you get the browser handle, you'll want to follow this example for releasing
the VRML browser's resources as well.
http://pw1.netcom.com/~ltrav/index.html

I found this through the EAI FAQ at:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/eaifaq.html

which has lots of good information.

Good Luck,

-Rex

Quote:

> > What VRML browser (and version) are you using? Make sure it actually implements the
> > EAI...

> > HTH

> > Adam

> > > i'm trying to access vrml using eai under java (JBuilder 3.0).
> > > &lt;java.lang.RuntimePermission
> > > accessClassInPackage.netscape.plugin >

> > > I'd appreciate any hints...

> > > christoph schmid

> I'm using CosmoPlayer 2.1, I don't get any error messages anymore, but the getBrowser
> always returns null...

> Christoph

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 eai getBrowser trouble
Cosmoplayer EAI will not work with jdk1.2.x and later
since CP uses the old Java to native binding mechanism,
and not the newer preferred Java Native Interface (JNI)
used in jdk1.2.x and later.

Mark

Quote:

> > What VRML browser (and version) are you using? Make sure it actually implements the
> > EAI...

> > HTH

> > Adam

> > > i'm trying to access vrml using eai under java (JBuilder 3.0).
> > > &lt;java.lang.RuntimePermission
> > > accessClassInPackage.netscape.plugin >

> > > I'd appreciate any hints...

> > > christoph schmid

> I'm using CosmoPlayer 2.1, I don't get any error messages anymore, but the getBrowser
> always returns null...

> Christoph

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 eai getBrowser trouble
this means I can't use CosmoPlayer EAI with the java plugin, I have to use the <applet>
tag?

thank for your help,

Christoph Schmid

Quote:

> Cosmoplayer EAI will not work with jdk1.2.x and later
> since CP uses the old Java to native binding mechanism,
> and not the newer preferred Java Native Interface (JNI)
> used in jdk1.2.x and later.

> Mark

> > > What VRML browser (and version) are you using? Make sure it actually implements the
> > > EAI...

> > > HTH

> > > Adam

> > I'm using CosmoPlayer 2.1, I don't get any error messages anymore, but the getBrowser
> > always returns null...

> > Christoph

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. EAI: getBrowser

2. EAI: getBrowser(Applet,frame,index)

3. eai: getBrowser / start-stop TimeSensor question

4. getBrowser problem (EAI)

5. EAI,Cosmo Player: getBrowser return NullPointerException!

6. getBrowser() problem in EAI

7. pb with EAI, getBrowser() doesn't work

8. ??? on EAI getBrowser()

9. Q: EAI getBrowser()

10. EAI getBrowser() AND ie

11. EAI: getBrowser?

12. EAI : getBrowser stalls offline applet ?