WorldView 2.1 vs Cosmo Player 2.1
Author Message
 WorldView 2.1 vs Cosmo Player 2.1

Is it true that CP 2.1 displays a lot better than WV 2.1 in IE40?
As the future of Cosmo has become murkier and murkier,
I am trying to switch around, and still without much luck when
I compare the display quality and the design of the navigation interface
of CP.
Would someone like to shed some light?

Thanks

Paul

Tue, 26 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WorldView 2.1 vs Cosmo Player 2.1
Thaat is interesting because I am not sure if the viewer in IE now 5.0
is Intervista or WorldView.  I am using whatever is the standard
download.  I know a lot more about it than Cosmo,

First, the default is to start without the navbar in flat shading.  You
can tell it what movement to start in.  Next, use the right click to get
a menu to select the nav bar, movement, or other options.

The Go To works in two ways, one to select a device and move toward it,
and second to select a specific object for study.  Next, when in study,
you can impart a spin to the object.

Finally, loading seems to get lost or stall in several  worlds.  Some
load directly and some do not.  Do a Refresh and it usually completes.
I saw one site with a reload button <href to current page> nearby to
give it an extra kick.

I wish it was easier to compare the two, (speed and lighting) but it
seems impossible to get them both going in the same machine.

Best Regards,
Joe W.

Techno and Promo HyperMultiMedia

Wed, 27 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WorldView 2.1 vs Cosmo Player 2.1

Quote:

> Thaat is interesting because I am not sure if the viewer in IE now 5.0
> is Intervista or WorldView.  I am using whatever is the standard
> download.

Just for clarification - the MS vrml Browser *IS* both Intervista (made
by Intervista) *AND* Worldview (the name of Intervista's Browser) - it's
just an older version of Worldview, because of the lead time that MS
required to work with the plugin prior to public release.

Also, some folks frequenting this newsgroup have inquired about
Platinum's announcement about new Browsers - Platinum bought Intervista,
so new Browser work by Platinum is just continued work on Worldview.
Platinum's Worldview is Intervista's Worldview is MS VRML Browser. It's
just a matter of keeping up with the generations. It's really a shame
that you have to be savvy to this stuff to know where to find the latest
release - you'd think that MS could point folks to the latest version
available from InterVreamInum (joking compiled name courtesy of Dan
Ancona of "Intervista/VREAM/Platinum").

- Paul
***********************************
Paul S. Hoffman
Senior Interface Designer, Cognetics Corporation

Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555

Wed, 27 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WorldView 2.1 vs Cosmo Player 2.1
Worldview, while stable is lagging far behind CP 2.1. My main gripes are:

1) Navigation via KBD is an exercise in futility. You move about 100
units/sec    and they ignore the speed field of the NavigationInfo node.
2) No gravity. I know it is not in the spec, but they have collision
detection and gravity is a {*filter*}sy bit away.
3) Sound doesn't seem to play consistently, esp. after changing its pitch.

Frame rates are MUCH slower then CP2.1 on the same machine under Direct3D.

adam...

Quote:

>Is it true that CP 2.1 displays a lot better than WV 2.1 in IE40?
>As the future of Cosmo has become murkier and murkier,
>I am trying to switch around, and still without much luck when
>I compare the display quality and the design of the navigation interface
>of CP.
>Would someone like to shed some light?

>Thanks

>Paul

Wed, 27 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cosmo player 2.0 vs 2.1

2. Cosmo player 2.1 under MacOS and nurbs

3. Cosmo player 2.1 plugin for aol 4.0 browser

4. Cosmo Player 2.1 - IE4 Fullscreen Bug?

5. Bug?: Cosmo Player 2.1 - IE4 Fullscreen

6. Cosmo Player 2.1 hogs memory

7. Cosmo Player 2.1 COM EAI

8. Java problem with Cosmo Player 2.1 and Netscape Navigator 3.01

9. WorldView for Developers 2.1

10. IE5 upgrade to MIcrosoft (WorldView) 2.1 VRML viewer

11. No more Textures with WorldView 2.1

12. Microsoft VRML 2.0 versus Intervista's WorldView 2.1