Orthographic/Parallel Projection with Layer2D in Blaxxun Contact
Author Message
 Orthographic/Parallel Projection with Layer2D in Blaxxun Contact

Today's Problem:

I'm trying to perform Orthographic/Parallel Projection with Layer2D in
Blaxxun Contact. Here is my attempt:

#VRML V2.0 utf8

EXTERNPROTO Layer2D [
    exposedField MFNode children
    exposedField SFVec2f translation
    exposedField SFVec2f size
    exposedField SFNode background
    exposedField SFNode viewport
    eventIn MFNode addChildren
    eventIn MFNode removeChildren
]
[ "urn:inet:blaxxun.com:node:Layer2D"," http://www.*-*-*.com/ #Layer2D"
]

Layer2D    {
    children [
        Shape {
            appearance Appearance {
                material Material {
                    diffuseColor .32 .54 .26
                    specularColor .46 .46 .46
                    ambientIntensity .0933
                    shininess .51
                }
            }
            geometry Box {
                size 4 4 4
            }
        }
    ]
    viewport Viewpoint {
        orientation    0 1 0 0.7854
        position 0 0 30
    }

Quote:
}

Its supposed to be a green cube viewed from from one of its edges. The
syntax looks likes its Ok but it does not work! - neither does the
scene generate errors. (I have not bothered to post a link for the
reason that there's nothing to see! ...)

Any ideas? ...

Thanks

- Olumide

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 04:00:19 GMT
 Orthographic/Parallel Projection with Layer2D in Blaxxun Contact

Quote:

> Today's Problem:

> I'm trying to perform Orthographic/Parallel Projection with Layer2D in
> Blaxxun Contact. Here is my attempt:

> #VRML V2.0 utf8

> EXTERNPROTO Layer2D [
>     exposedField MFNode children
>     exposedField SFVec2f translation
>     exposedField SFVec2f size
>     exposedField SFNode background
>     exposedField SFNode viewport
>     eventIn MFNode addChildren
>     eventIn MFNode removeChildren
> ]
> [ "urn:inet:blaxxun.com:node:Layer2D","http://www.blaxxun.com/vrml/protos/nodes.wrl#Layer2D"
> ]

> Layer2D    {
>     children [
>         Shape {
>             appearance Appearance {
>                 material Material {
>                     diffuseColor .32 .54 .26
>                     specularColor .46 .46 .46
>                     ambientIntensity .0933
>                     shininess .51
>                 }
>             }
>             geometry Box {
>                 size 4 4 4
>             }
>         }
>     ]
>     viewport Viewpoint {
>         orientation    0 1 0 0.7854
>         position 0 0 30
>     }
> }

> Its supposed to be a green cube viewed from from one of its edges. The
> syntax looks likes its Ok but it does not work! - neither does the
> scene generate errors. (I have not bothered to post a link for the
> reason that there's nothing to see! ...)

I don't know if 3D geometry is supported in the Layer2D node, its
purpose is to contain 2D geometry. So you should use the Layer3D.

You also should place some light sources in the scene to get other
tna emissiveColor based lighting. There is no (default) head light
in the Layer3D scene.

And the position in the Viewpoint need be adjusted to
position 15 0 15.

If you want parallel projection, you can use a small value for the
fieldOfView parameter of the Viewpoint node and move the Viewpoint
position far away.

Herbert.

> Any ideas? ...

> Thanks

> - Olumide

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 08:26:17 GMT

1. parallel projection

2. blaxxun Contact 4.3 Problem

3. Sound bug in [blaxxun Contact 4.2] ?

4. blaxxun eai contact with browser in another frame

5. Blaxxun Contact Examine mode Center of rotation/HUD conflict

6. drawOp: zbias etc ... (Blaxxun Contact)

7. IE error with Blaxxun Contact and Morpheus 2.0

8. Blaxxun Contact: BSPTree Problem

9. Opening / Clearing (Blaxxun Contact) Console Automatically

10. questions about Blaxxun Contact

11. PROTOS and sfimage /blaxxun contact

12. blaxxun Contact 5.1 extrusion lighting problem