vrml and java
Author Message
 vrml and java

I m working on a project based on vrml for my final year. Now my supervisor
says it needs more interactive so he asked me to use some java to create an
input panel for the users.
Where can I find this kind of resources or any recommendation of books?
thanks

Max

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 05:14:11 GMT
 vrml and java
Quote:
> I m working on a project based on vrml for my final year. Now my
supervisor
> says it needs more interactive so he asked me to use some java to create
an
> input panel for the users.
> Where can I find this kind of resources or any recommendation of books?
> thanks

if u *need* a VRML interface then u will need to look into something called
the EAI, or External Authoring Interface which allows a VRML file embedded
in a HTML page to communicate with a Java applet embedded in the same page.
although there are other ways to do a user interface, if u are using
cosmoplayer, go to
homepages.ihug.com.au/~blaikie/tnakgame.wrl
the entire use interface is in VRML using a HUD (just a special group of
standard VRML nodes) so it appears to stay stationary no matter where the
user moves.
what sort of GUI were u looking for? what sort of input/output will it
display?
db

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:10:44 GMT

1. VRML in Java vs Java in VRML

2. VRML conference: Java - What is Smalltalk Tomorrow?

3. Russian Monkey VS Ananova -- x3d eXtended -- ( VRML with Java )

4. Interface between VRML and Java

5. VRML or Java or anything else?

6. VRMl and JAVA

7. Controllling speed in VRML with JAVA

8. vrml and java

9. VRML for Java

10. getting VRML and Java/EAI to work in Netscape 4.6 (a solution)

11. VRML and Java 1.2

12. Help: how to use VRML and JAVA (JSAI)