ANNOUNCE: New CosmoPlayer2.1 Mac release
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: New CosmoPlayer2.1 Mac release

Due to the recent events at Cosmo, we've had difficulty getting the mac
release onto cosmosoftware.com.  Until these issues have been sorted
out, it is being made available on two alternate web sites.

You should note that this release is essentially a beta release,
however the time-bomb has been removed.

http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

-Dave

Wed, 03 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: New CosmoPlayer2.1 Mac release

Fine - but where on earth does one find an english language version of
Netscape Navigator 4.04? I just threw mine away a week ago and installed
4.05. Now Cosmoplayer will not install into the plugins folder of that
version and if I alias Player to the plugins folder, Netscape crashes when
I leave a page after a model has been displayed.

- barre Ludvigsen

Quote:

> Due to the recent events at Cosmo, we've had difficulty getting the mac
> release onto cosmosoftware.com.  Until these issues have been sorted
> out, it is being made available on two alternate web sites.

> You should note that this release is essentially a beta release,
> however the time-bomb has been removed.

> http://reality.sgi.com/chamber/cosmo/player/mac.html
> http://www.digitalbeing.org/cosmo/player/mac.html

> -Dave

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: New CosmoPlayer2.1 Mac release

Quote:

> Fine - but where on earth does one find an english language version of
> Netscape Navigator 4.04? I just threw mine away a week ago and installed
> 4.05. Now Cosmoplayer will not install into the plugins folder of that
> version and if I alias Player to the plugins folder, Netscape crashes when
> I leave a page after a model has been displayed.

Hi there....

Just incase you still need to find Netscape 4.04 :

http://www.zdnet.com/mac/download.html

(search for communicator).

Even though i have installed this, I am still having the same problems
with installation of the Cosmoplayer beta., ie. not installing into the
plug-ins folder.

Please inform me if you have resolved this problem or have any further
suggestions as to viewing my *.wrl files on the mac.
--
Gareth Ennis
ABACUS - Strathclyde University

http://iris.abacus.strath.ac.uk/new/

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: New CosmoPlayer2.1 Mac release

Quote:

> Just incase you still need to find Netscape 4.04 :

> http://www.zdnet.com/mac/download.html

> (search for communicator).

> Even though i have installed this, I am still having the same problems
> with installation of the Cosmoplayer beta., ie. not installing into the
> plug-ins folder.

It installs fine on my system, placing the plug-ins into the correct
folder of Netscape 4.05. However when I try to open a .wrl file all I
get is the source in the browser instead of the rendered image. About
plug-ins tells me that the CP plug-ins are installed and active...

I havn't had this problem with the alpha 1 release of CP.

Any ideas?

- andre

--
F.E.Systems - Emulation Technologies - http://www.magnet.ch/emutech/

Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: New CosmoPlayer2.1 Mac release

Quote:

> It installs fine on my system, placing the plug-ins into the correct
> folder of Netscape 4.05. However when I try to open a .wrl file all I
> get is the source in the browser instead of the rendered image. About
> plug-ins tells me that the CP plug-ins are installed and active...

> I havn't had this problem with the alpha 1 release of CP.

Try checking your preferences in Netscape to make sure that model/vrml
is set to be handled by CP. Also check that your server is using the
correct MIME type for vrml files.

CP2.1 installed fine for me on Netscape 4.0.5 on first attempt and has
been working reasonably well for me since. My guess is that some of the
problems that people have had are caused by not completely removing old
installations (Cosmo Software say that you should in the readme file)
or by multiple installations of Netscape confusing the installer.

Michael Louka.

Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: New CosmoPlayer2.1 Mac release

Quote:

>Try checking your preferences in Netscape to make sure that model/vrml
>is set to be handled by CP. Also check that your server is using the
>correct MIME type for VRML files.

Thanks. I just deleted the Netscape Prefs file and then it worked just fine
- it even seems to render faster than the previous version. However the new
CP crashes with the project I'm currently working on, the alpha release did
work fine with it. Very annoying!

- andre

Mon, 22 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Mac Tcl/Tk 8.3.3 Binary Release

2. ANNOUNCE: Mac Tcl/Tk 8.3.2 Binary Release

3. New Release of mac-d2c

4. Eiffel/S for the MAC - new release available

5. Announcing new releases of Hugs 1.3

6. ANNOUNCE: New release of SalStat 20020611

7. Announce: New release 3.70 of ED for Windows

8. *announce*: VSCM II - new release available

9. ANNOUNCE: New Vorlon release

10. ANNOUNCE: Themekit release new version of modelling software

11. Announce: new version of v2html released

12. SYSTEMS SCIENCE ANNOUNCES NEW RELEASE OF ITS VERA VERIFICATION SYSTEM