Script SFNode Syntax Trick -- Dot Drilling Legal?
Author Message
 Script SFNode Syntax Trick -- Dot Drilling Legal?

Quote:

> What I'd like to know from someone more experienced with the javascript
> and SFNode specifications than me is whether or not the dot syntax I
> used is official or is it just a kludge that will it work now but
> suddenly stop working after some browser version update?

Absolutely official.  Annex C talks about it.  We've just
recently started working on some requirements for conformance
testing for ECMAScript, and I'll make sure we include a test
to ensure that browsers can follow a good long string of dots.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen

Music shouldn't be held responsible for the people who listen to it.

Thu, 26 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Script SFNode Syntax Trick -- Dot Drilling Legal?

 This is good news to me. I did a bit of semi-complex vrml scripting last
weekend and the dot notation simpified things a bit. Now if we could get
pointers and operator overriding, we could write VRML scripts that nobody
could understand :-)

Quote:

>  I'll make sure we include a test
> to ensure that browsers can follow a good long string of dots.
> --

Fri, 27 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. dot-dot-dot

2. Java-scripting and Field SFNode