Inlined nodes
Author Message
 Inlined nodes

Hi!

Is there any way of getting any info of an inlined node in EAI? I mean, if I
have this code in a file named "world.wrl":

Transform {
    children [ Inline {url "room2.wrl"} ]

Quote:
}

And inside the file "room2.wrl" I have a Node whose name is "Slides", if I
try to access to this node (getNode("Slides")) I can't, because I get a Node
not found error from java. How can I manage to "see" this node? Is it
possible to "see" it from EAI?

Thanks.

Carles.

Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Inlined nodes
Use "EXTERNPROTO" instead of inline; inline are closed black box, externproto
provide an interface - you make your own - so you can access it from the parent
world

Sylvain Carette
vrml designer-composer

Quote:

> Hi!

> Is there any way of getting any info of an inlined node in EAI? I mean, if I
> have this code in a file named "world.wrl":

> Transform {
>     children [ Inline {url "room2.wrl"} ]
> }

> And inside the file "room2.wrl" I have a Node whose name is "Slides", if I
> try to access to this node (getNode("Slides")) I can't, because I get a Node
> not found error from java. How can I manage to "see" this node? Is it
> possible to "see" it from EAI?

> Thanks.

> Carles.

Sat, 23 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Triggering an Inlined World?

2. Combining Inlined files into one file

3. Translating in source that is to be inlined into other source

4. HowCanI: inlined exceptions

5. PyYaml bug in lists of inlined mappings?

6. inlined function calls

7. Proposed: New inlined block messages

8. Labview 5.1.1 crashes when I use Invoke Node or Property Node

9. Converting Extrusion Node to IndexedFaceSet Node

10. EAI: How to add nodes to the Switch{} node

11. New nodes, but the nodes are PROTO's

12. How do I Create and set up Nodes within Java nodes