VBScript in Script Node
Author Message
 VBScript in Script Node

Hi,
Does anyone have an example of how to use VBScript in a Script node? I have
a JavaScript Script function that works.

DEF Toggle Script {
    eventIn SFBool tachPulse IS tachPulse
    field SFInt32 tachCounter 0
    field SFInt32 totalLength 100
    eventOut SFFloat NewPosition
    url [
     "javascript:
            function tachPulse(val) {
               trace(val);
               tachCounter++;
               trace(tachCounter);
               NewPosition = tachCounter/totalLength;
               trace(NewPosition);
          }
    "
    ]

Quote:
}

but the VBScript version don't

DEF Toggle Script {
    eventIn SFBool tachPulse IS tachPulse
    field SFInt32 tachCounter 0
    field SFInt32 totalLength 100
    eventOut SFFloat NewPosition
    url [
     "vbscript:
      Function tachPulse(val)
       tachCounter=tachCounter + 1
       NewPosition = tachCounter/totalLength
      End Function
     "
    ]
   }

I use Cortona pluggin/Win 95/IE5.0

Thanks for any help.

Over and out,
Ken

Thu, 05 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VBScript in Script Node

19 Mar 2000:

Quote:
>Does anyone have an example of how to use VBScript in a Script node? I
>have a JavaScript Script function that works.

[snip]

Quote:
>but the VBScript version don't

I'm not sure if any vrml browsers support VBScript.  Java and
JavaScript (ECMAScript) are called out in the spec, but not
VBScript.  It's pretty much the case that the VRML spec calls
out only the multimedia formats that are supported by multiple
vendors.  In fact, I looked at the documents on my machine and
on the Cortona site and didn't find any mention of VBScript
working with Cortona.  Where did you see this?

Since Java (potentially) and ECMAScript are specified by an open
standard, and VBScript, to the best of my knowledge, is not, and
since support for VBScript even in the MSIE world never achieved
the penetration that Microsoft had hoped for, I wouldn't imagine
there would be a lot of support for the addition of VBScript to
the VRML spec.  However, I've been wrong before.

Certainly if you do find a VRML browser that supports VBScript,
you'll want to have multiple scripts in your "url" field which
include the languages called out in the spec, since I'm sure you
want people on all sorts of platforms to be able to see your VRML
world the way you intend it to be seen.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

Fri, 06 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VBScript in Script Node
Howdy Rev,

Quote:
> I'm not sure if any VRML browsers support VBScript.  Java and
> JavaScript (ECMAScript) are called out in the spec, but not
> VBScript.  It's pretty much the case that the VRML spec calls
> out only the multimedia formats that are supported by multiple
> vendors.  In fact, I looked at the documents on my machine and
> on the Cortona site and didn't find any mention of VBScript
> working with Cortona.  Where did you see this?

I think I seen it used with Worldview. They probably had to support it if
they wanted to ship with Windows.

Quote:
> Since Java (potentially) and ECMAScript are specified by an open
> standard, and VBScript, to the best of my knowledge, is not, and
> since support for VBScript even in the MSIE world never achieved
> the penetration that Microsoft had hoped for, I wouldn't imagine
> there would be a lot of support for the addition of VBScript to
> the VRML spec.  However, I've been wrong before.

It would be an ideal environment for me. I use VB with ASP, ADO/SQL7, so it
would be real sweet to throw VRML in there too.

Quote:
> Certainly if you do find a VRML browser that supports VBScript,
> you'll want to have multiple scripts in your "url" field which
> include the languages called out in the spec, since I'm sure you
> want people on all sorts of platforms to be able to see your VRML
> world the way you intend it to be seen.

I hear ya Rev, I hear ya! 8^)

Quote:
> --
> Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
> crispen at hiwaay dot net

> If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

Over and Out,

Ken
I started out with nothing, I still have most of it.

Fri, 06 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows Scripting Engine / VBScript

2. I can't find the MATLAB script node in labview

3. Problem with Matlab script node in LabVIEW 6.1

4. Integer and a string arrays to LabVIEW from Matlab script node

5. MATLAB Script Nodes and concurrency.

6. Testing language support for script node.

7. script node

8. contacting servlet from Script node

9. Script node: JavaScript vs. Java

10. Accessibility of nodes via different scripts.

11. Java Script Node and security

12. JDK1.2 & Script Nodes