CP2.1b rendering Hardware Acceleration?
Author Message
 CP2.1b rendering Hardware Acceleration?

Hi,

I'm trying to get hardware acceleration under CP2.1b.  I have a Diamond
FireGL 1000 pro with Diamond drivers installed... On startup I get Renderer:
PERMEDIA 2..vendor Diamond Multimedia version 1.1.20.2
But unlike CP2.0 it does not acknowledge any hardware acceleration??? It
seems like it is moving slower than CP2.0.  I tried to look at the
difference by checking the "force software only" rendering but that causes
the following error: "Renderer initialization failure -1". I had to manually
go into the registry and change the forceSoftwareRendering key back to 0 hex
to get CP2.1 operational again.....

Please help............Also, could someone discuss the advantages
of using Direct3D over OpenGL in CP2.1...

Thanks!!

Mitch Berg
GeoSystems

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CP2.1b rendering Hardware Acceleration?

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to get hardware acceleration under CP2.1b.  I have a Diamond
> FireGL 1000 pro with Diamond drivers installed... On startup I get Renderer:
> PERMEDIA 2..vendor Diamond Multimedia version 1.1.20.2
> But unlike CP2.0 it does not acknowledge any hardware acceleration??? It

The fact that the hardware is listed as the renderer means you are getting
hardware acceleration.

Quote:
> seems like it is moving slower than CP2.0.  I tried to look at the
> difference by checking the "force software only" rendering but that causes
> the following error: "Renderer initialization failure -1". I had to manually
> go into the registry and change the forceSoftwareRendering key back to 0 hex
> to get CP2.1 operational again.....

We have been getting initial reports of problems with software-only rendering,
especially from FireGL users. If you could send us your exact configuration
info it would be helpful - the "Submit Feedback" button under the Advanced
pane of the Preferences Panel is a quick way to do this.

Regards,
Jon

--

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hardware acceleration with Squeak Smalltalk?

2. VRML Viewer using D3D hardware acceleration ?

3. Hardware acceleration for raytracing purposes

4. Hardware acceleration with Cosmo Player 2

5. We need to know if hardware acceleration can help our VRML performance

6. HARDWARE ACCELERATION

7. Software versus Hardware Acceleration

8. LIVE3D and hardware acceleration

9. Hardware acceleration (Direct-3D)?

10. Hardware acceleration for raytracing purposes

11. VRML and hardware acceleration

12. PyOpenGL on Linux: waiting for hardware acceleration