Protect/Encrypt/Code VRML models
Author Message
 Protect/Encrypt/Code VRML models

Hi

    I would like to know if there is any way to avoid the copy of vrml
models.

Thank's
Antonio Diogo

Coimbra-Portugal

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Protect/Encrypt/Code VRML models
The only way to encrypt your code is to use EXTERNPROTOs and use Java to
generate your VRML.

Steve

Quote:
> Hi

>     I would like to know if there is any way to avoid the copy of VRML
> models.

> Thank's
> Antonio Diogo

> Coimbra-Portugal

Sat, 22 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Protect/Encrypt/Code VRML models
Hi

    I would like to know if there is any way to avoid the copy of VRML
models.

Thank's
Antonio Diogo

Coimbra-Portugal

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Protect/Encrypt/Code VRML models

[traditional order of question and answer restored*]:

Quote:

> >     I would like to know if there is any way to avoid the copy of VRML
> > models.

> The only way to encrypt your code is to use EXTERNPROTOs and use Java to
> generate your VRML.

Or generate it with CGI.  "Pragma: no-cache" also works to some
extent.  But by the very act of putting it on the Web, you make
it available to thieves, no matter whether it's words, pictures,
sounds, or VRML.  Honorable people use models from public
repositories, not people's web sites, and by and large VRML
people have been honorable people.

Don't forget, if you publish your work in a book, you place
yourself at the mercy of every would-be copyright infringer who
owns a pencil and a piece of paper.

* On USENET, just as with brides, the tradition is "something old,
something new".
--
Bob Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

USER ERROR:  Replace user and press any key to continue.

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. hiding/protecting/encrypting tcl/tk source code

2. VRML encrypted ??? (animations in VRML)

3. protecting vrml code

4. Encrypted/Passwd Protected Databases

5. Adding delay to a `protected (encrypted) model

6. Where to find info on encrypting VHDL models?

7. How to Encrypt VRML File?????

8. Encrypt VRML

9. Help! Encrypted .DBF's UDF() Code

10. Encrypting code externally