Movietexture Frame by Frame control
Author Message
 Movietexture Frame by Frame control

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with a movietexture, it didn't run on the same speed as
another object which moves in front of this movietexture, when I let the
scene run different times.
So my question is, is there a way to control the speed of the object by
the speed of the texture?
So everytime my movietexture shows one percent of its frames, the object
make one percent of its way.

BTW, my problem is based in MP4, but MP4 is based on vrml with the
difference that the movietextures start with the start of the scene, and
not with the start of some timesensor. So if you have a solution in VRML
I might be able to transport it into MP4.

bye and thanx
Matthias

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:51:37 GMT
 Movietexture Frame by Frame control

I have done something like this using the AudioClip node. This and the
MovieTexture are simular in many respects.

Quote:
> I have a problem with a movietexture, it didn't run on the same speed as
> another object which moves in front of this movietexture, when I let the
> scene run different times.
> So my question is, is there a way to control the speed of the object by
> the speed of the texture?
> So everytime my movietexture shows one percent of its frames, the object
> make one percent of its way.

The MovieTexture has an eventOut duration_changed. Once the movie has loaded
this contains the length of the movie in seconds.

MovieTexture {
  eventOut SFTime duration_changed

Quote:
}

You then need to set the cycleInterval of the TimeSensor to equal the
duration_changed taken from the MovieTexture node.

I also came up with a system which displays the number of seconds elapsed
for a sound playing. This should transfer to other systems though it uses
the Script node and a TimeSensor.

Quote:
> BTW, my problem is based in MP4, but MP4 is based on VRML with the
> difference that the movietextures start with the start of the scene, and
> not with the start of some timesensor. So if you have a solution in VRML
> I might be able to transport it into MP4.

MP4? Do you mean MPEG4?

Paul Aslin
http://members.nbci.com/vrmlworld/
http://members.nbci.com/vrmlworld/tutorials/

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:47:45 GMT
 Movietexture Frame by Frame control

[...]

Thanx, I will see if I can use this.

Quote:
> MP4? Do you mean MPEG4?

Yes.

Bye
Matthias

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:58:19 GMT

1. links in html-frame affecting vrml-frame

2. Java in frame can't get instance of Java EAI + VRML in another frame

3. Q:wpy - multiple frames within main frame

4. resources for vtcl - hide frames and display new frames

5. How do I pack things in a frame in a toplevel frame

6. Removing widgets from frames, why frames don't resize to 0x0

7. Changing MDI Frame Menu Control Properties

8. Control Frame from Proc

9. Toolbar - Frame Browse Control

10. CW 2.003 Frame Browse Control Toolbar

11. Frame Browse Control CW 2.003

12. Frame Browse Control