Com implementation of the EAI
Author Message
 Com implementation of the EAI

Hi all !

1)
I've found the specs of the "Com implementation of the EAI" at the
following URL: http://www.*-*-*.com/ , but specs without the
necessary java classes are rather unuseful.

I would like to know where can I find these classes. I have to design a
application (so not an applet) using a vrml world and Swing (instead of
AWT).

2)
On the other and, what is the current best couple to use EAI ? I'm using
MS-IE5 (under  Windows NT)  and Cosmo player 2.1.1.

What are the most recent java classes to implement EAI ? Still ones we
can find with Cosmo player 2.1.1 (npcosmo21p) ?

3)
Can we use EAI under Linux ?

Thanks in advance,

Stphane Van Espen

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Com implementation of the EAI
Quote:

> Hi all !

> 1)
> I've found the specs of the "Com implementation of the EAI" at the

Hi Stphane;

Quote:
> 3)
> Can we use EAI under Linux ?

I have implemented EAI on Linux, in the FreeWRL browser.
check out the url in the signature.

It is not perfect, but works just fine for me. Maybe
it will work very well for you, too.

Thanks;

--
John Stewart

If windows is the answer, it must have been a stupid question.

Mon, 09 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Com implementation of the EAI
Cosmo's _COM_ EAI interface is C++ _only_, it is not accessible from Visual
Basic, Python, Perl or Java.  You'll want to find the Cosmo SDK download
from CA and use that if you want the C++ version with Cosmo.  Consider also
Cortona (which does have an automation interface (letting it be used by
languages other than C++).

For pure Java apps (as opposed to those which are dependent on MS's COM
extensions), you'd likely be best with one of the lightweight engines
(Shout3D, Blaxxun3D) which are themselves written in Java, and are based on
a (fairly strict) subset of VRML 97.  If you can mandate JDK, Java3D might
be used, but of course, it has it's own problems.

Of course, traditionaly Java EAI (versus COM EAI) should work fine with
Cosmo, see your netscape directory for a file that has all the Java class
files for working with it.

Holodesk Communicator is an example of a COM EAI C++ application on top of
Cosmo Player, incidentally.  Enjoy yourself,
Mike

Quote:
> Hi all !

> 1)
> I've found the specs of the "Com implementation of the EAI" at the
> following URL: http://www.cai.com/cosmo/, but specs without the
> necessary java classes are rather unuseful.

> I would like to know where can I find these classes. I have to design a
> application (so not an applet) using a VRML world and Swing (instead of
> AWT).

Wed, 11 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Com implementation of the EAI

Quote:
> Cosmo's _COM_ EAI interface is C++ _only_, it is not accessible from
Visual
> Basic, Python, Perl or Java.  You'll want to find the Cosmo SDK
download
> from CA and use that if you want the C++ version with Cosmo.
Consider also
> Cortona (which does have an automation interface (letting it be used
by
> languages other than C++).

> For pure Java apps (as opposed to those which are dependent on MS's
COM
> extensions), you'd likely be best with one of the lightweight engines
> (Shout3D, Blaxxun3D) which are themselves written in Java, and are
based on
> a (fairly strict) subset of VRML 97.  If you can mandate JDK, Java3D
might
> be used, but of course, it has it's own problems.

> Of course, traditionaly Java EAI (versus COM EAI) should work fine
with
> Cosmo, see your netscape directory for a file that has all the Java
class
> files for working with it.

> Holodesk Communicator is an example of a COM EAI C++ application on
top of
> Cosmo Player, incidentally.  Enjoy yourself,
> Mike

> > Hi all !

> > 1)
> > I've found the specs of the "Com implementation of the EAI" at the
> > following URL: http://www.cai.com/cosmo/, but specs without the
> > necessary java classes are rather unuseful.

> > I would like to know where can I find these classes. I have to
design a
> > application (so not an applet) using a VRML world and Swing
(instead of
> > AWT).

U're right the Cosmo COM EAI interface can only be used from VisualC
and it really works fine when U use it with the EAIsample applications
that comes with the SDK. The problem rises when U try to use it on an
application created new from scratch: when U try to import the Cosmo
activeX control from the component library U get a warning that sounds
like this "unable to import the Activex control. Make sure it has a
valid type library.". Have U ever tried to use the Cosmo activeX in a
new VC project? If yes how did U manage to import it?

Please help me if U can because without any good hint my master thesis
cant go on..... :((

Thanks in advance for Ur attention.

Regards
Luca Regini

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cosmo EAI implementation sucks

2. Is This A Bug In CosmoPlayer's Implementation of EAI

3. Cosmoplayer 2.1 COM EAI problem

4. COM EAI Cosmo Player SDK ?

5. Cosmo Player 2.1 COM EAI

6. Implementation of a COM Server with Dolphin 5XP

7. COM: Interface Implementation question

8. Does anybody know a _really_working_ implementation of COM

9. EAI and coding to the EAI

10. Differences between EAI 1 and EAI 2

11. Difference between EAI and EAI 2nd generation?

12. COM and COM and Python and COM - comtest.py [0/1]