Java in frame can't get instance of Java EAI + VRML in another frame
Author Message
 Java in frame can't get instance of Java EAI + VRML in another frame

Greetings,

I have a Java app running in one frame ("frame 1") and it is trying to
get an instance of a Java app in another frame ("frame 2").  Frame 2 is
running a vrml file and the Java is using the EAI to communicate with
the VRML file.

Right now, the Java in frame 1 cannot get an INSTANCE of the Java in
frame 2.  When I remove the "MAYSCRIPT" variable in the EMBED tag that
launches the Java in frame 2, the Java in frame can get the instance of
the Java in frame 2.  However, without the MAYSCRIPT tag, I cannot run
the Java EAI - the java applet doesn't find the VRML browser when you do
a "Browser.getBrowser()" command.

I am running Netscape 4.03 with Cosmo 1.0 (and Java 1.1).

Well, any help with this would be really great,

Thanx,

Mitch

Sat, 08 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. getting VRML and Java/EAI to work in Netscape 4.6 (a solution)

2. from near VRML to REAL VRML : My first EAI / Java / VRML Humanoid Avatar

3. links in html-frame affecting vrml-frame

4. EAI version of VRML 2.0 Tic-Tac-Toe game (VRML + Java)

5. Removing widgets from frames, why frames don't resize to 0x0

6. VRML in Java vs Java in VRML

7. pop up java frame

8. External Java with frames and CosmoPlayer?

9. Can I show JFrame/Frame by using Java Scripting

10. Mixing Java EAI stuff with Java in Script nodes

11. Has anyone ever gotten Java Activator, EAI, and Cosmo 2.1 to work

12. EAI: Getting Java applet to compile