Cosmo Browser and Java node.setValue()
Author Message
 Cosmo Browser and Java node.setValue()

Hi, all,

While I can do a node.getValue() for direct communication
with an SFNode in scripting via Java, and display what's got
by System.out.println() to Windows IE Java console, setValue()
won't work, even for book examples from the disc for Lea et al,
'Java for 3D and vrml Worlds'.  Cosmo is the browser.  Anyone
met this problem before, or is the rest of the universe not
cursed?  It applies to several installations of Cosmo, all of
which work fine in other Java respects.

Regards,
Steve.

Mon, 23 May 2005 16:56:07 GMT
 Cosmo Browser and Java node.setValue()

Quote:
> setValue()
> won't work, even for book examples from the disc for Lea et al,

Can you post a link to the source code ?
Maybe you simply forgot something like Script.directOutput

http://www.web3d.org/technicalinfo/specifications/eai/part1/nodesRef....

so long
MUFTI
--

In order to confuse and obfuscate the public, we utilize substantial
technical jargon.

Mon, 23 May 2005 19:53:22 GMT
 Cosmo Browser and Java node.setValue()
Thanks MUFTI.  directOutput was it!

Quote:
> > setValue()
> > won't work, even for book examples from the disc for Lea et al,

> Can you post a link to the source code ?
> Maybe you simply forgot something like Script.directOutput

http://www.web3d.org/technicalinfo/specifications/eai/part1/nodesRef....
ript
Quote:

> so long
> MUFTI
> --

> In order to confuse and obfuscate the public, we utilize substantial
> technical jargon.
>                               (Vorwort eines technischen Dokuments)

Wed, 25 May 2005 00:44:11 GMT

1. Cosmo and Java Script-Node

2. Help Needed : Using native methods in Java Script Nodes in Netscape 4.0/Cosmo 2.0

3. Problem with Java Classpath for Cosmo browser

4. Java support in the new Live3D/Cosmo browser

5. java and two browsers with cosmo player

6. VRML Browser with Java Script Node

7. How do I Create and set up Nodes within Java nodes

8. Rotating Transform-nodes from a java node

9. Mixing Java EAI stuff with Java in Script nodes

10. inline node not working in cosmo 2.0/2.1????

11. Anyone using sockets in a Cosmo script node?

12. Extrusion node in Cosmo Player