Agents in VRML:
Author Message
 Agents in VRML:

Hello,

We want to program Intelligent Agents in a vrml world. One of
the big items is that an Agent has to 'know' what he/she/it is seeing.

I think that a ViewPoint Node on the Agents Position can give me
its position and orientation. But how can an Agent knows what Nodes
(or Objects) are in HIS view. That view can be different what I see now.

For example: an Agent (Avatar) looks at the left where I look forward.
The objects
right from me (which are visible and also not visible for me) can be
'seen' by the Agent.
If the agent is a Dialogue-Agent (for example) he has to understand what

I mean about 'that blue chair at the right' which means for him:
'the blue chair in front of me.' -> Object Chair

Does anyone has experience with this way of looking at the VR world
especially with
VRML?

Please send an email-message to me. I'm not reading this newsgroup
often.

--
\documentclass{mailmessage}          % Yes it's LaTeX, simple isn't it?
\usepackage{signature}

\end{document}

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VRML, multi-agent system, behavior, expert system

2. MetaSearch Agents: Affordable Intelligent Internet Search Agents

3. comp.agents? (was: Dylan Agents)

4. comp.agents? (was: Dylan Agents)

5. comp.agents? (was: Dylan Agents)

6. comp.agents? (was: Dylan Agents)

7. from near VRML to REAL VRML : My first EAI / Java / VRML Humanoid Avatar

8. IE6 +VRML + javascript in VRML trouble (was: problem using javascript window.open in VRML)

9. 4 questions about Agents

10. Fun with MS Agent

11. Sink events from an agent?

12. Publicity Agents *will* boost your traffic.