Blaxxun Connect and multi-user VRML worlds
Author Message
 Blaxxun Connect and multi-user VRML worlds

I am new to vrml and while I hope to learn it quickly I would
like to see if there is any quick and easy way to get a VRML
chat room on my web server like in the Blaxxon Community.

I found this helpful article:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Is a .wrl file all I need to put together this puzzle? What is the
best book/website to learn VRML? How can I get a
suitable .WRL file to play with? Would such a world be
visible to other blaxxon users?

Also, I got a working, albeit simple, VRML file up and working
on my website. Check it out at:
  http://www.*-*-*.com/

Is an .wrl file an object? Can I use this spinning logo as an object
to be dropped in someone else's world? I have seen things that
say you can leave an object.

I have blaxxun Connect and the Cortona VRML viewer
installed. I got Cortona to work with Opera but when I try any
of the blaxxon worlds I am forced to use Internet Explorere.
Any way around this?

Thanks in advance and feel free to email me at:

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 03:11:35 GMT
 Blaxxun Connect and multi-user VRML worlds
See my reply on the forums (http://vrml.base.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=253)

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:41:34 GMT
 Blaxxun Connect and multi-user VRML worlds

Quote:
> Is an .wrl file an object?

I don't know what is your definition of "object" but if you want to
use a .wrl file in a VRML node, use the "Inline" node.

The following is a working VRML world (that demonstrate the "thin wall problem")

#VRML V2.0 utf8

Inline
  {
  url
    [
    "http://www.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de/vrml/linuxtag/waende.wrl"
    ]
  }

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:17:54 GMT
 Blaxxun Connect and multi-user VRML worlds
Someoine Said:
A wrl file is all you need for single user scenes. For multi-users,
you also need a scene definition and a server.

However, you don't need to have your own server to host a chat, you
can also host on the free blaxxun community, using your own scene
definition, or (if you're lazy ) using the frameset generator at
http://www.blaxxun.com/cgi-bin/frameset/frameset.pl (which then needs
only a wrl file uploaded somewhere on the net given the frameset will
dynamically generate the matching files).

So, if I have the file:
http://www.atlantadriver.com/entry.wrl

up and I want to make it a multiuser chat enabled VRML world
what other files would I need on atlantadriver.com to make
it all work? Do you need a special server or is a web server
being used to host webpages all you need? Is there somewhere
you can download .wrl files of famous places or cool places?
I have seen houses and castles available, are these models
ready to be worlds?

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 06:47:49 GMT

1. Multi-User VRML with Blaxxun's GLVIEW

2. Multi-user vrml world

3. VRML multi-user worlds

4. ?How to create multi-user VRML worlds

5. NEW: multi-user VRML world

6. knowledge about multi-user VRML world ??

7. Multi User Enviroments Without Blaxxun?

8. Guidance using VA Web Connect - taking fat client and making it a multi-user server app

9. How to connect JAVA Applet in VRML World?

10. Multi User 3d Worlds in Elementary/Primary Education

11. beginner asking about multi user world