3D IFS fractal clouds
Author Message
 3D IFS fractal clouds

Hi

VRML 3D IFS fractal clouds: Fern, Tetrahedron, Hexahedron, Cube et al.
All clouds contain ~30,000 points and are created by one Java applet
(~1kb + 1kb WRL)
Fractals are set in WRL (you can change parameters and make your own
clouds). I've just coped all parameters from FractInt.
And I've finished Quaternion Rabbit on a cloud. One need a very good
imagination to "see" the Rabbit. Steady mountains are much better but
that's better then nothing :)
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~DEMIDOV/VRML/3DLab.htm

Will anybody give WWW up to date references about IFS fractal clouds for
me (and comp.lang.vrml :) ?

Evgeny

Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 3D IFS fractal clouds
I am very interested in your work. Sadly, I can't see it. I use MSIE5 and
blaxxun Contact4.3.
Last week, your examples appeared as plain old text; (the old msie mime
problem?).
This week, the vrml plug-in at least opens up but I immediately get an error
message...

Java support for Script node not implemented.
Can't load Script node URL

It is a shame that VRML is implemented so unevenly that specific
combinations of tools are required in order to enjoy it.

--
---
Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II

http://philliphansel.com

Quote:
> Hi

> VRML 3D IFS fractal clouds: Fern, Tetrahedron, Hexahedron, Cube et al.
> All clouds contain ~30,000 points and are created by one Java applet
> (~1kb + 1kb WRL)
> Fractals are set in WRL (you can change parameters and make your own
> clouds). I've just coped all parameters from FractInt.
> And I've finished Quaternion Rabbit on a cloud. One need a very good
> imagination to "see" the Rabbit. Steady mountains are much better but
> that's better then nothing :)
> http://www.people.nnov.ru/fractal/VRML/3DLab.htm or
> http://www.ipm.sci-nnov.ru/~DEMIDOV/VRML/3DLab.htm

> Will anybody give WWW up to date references about IFS fractal clouds for
> me (and comp.lang.vrml :) ?

> Evgeny

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 3D IFS fractal clouds
Hi Mr. Phillip

Quote:
> I am very interested in your work.

Thank you

Quote:
> Sadly, I can't see it. I use MSIE5 and blaxxun Contact4.3.
> Last week, your examples appeared as plain old text; (the old msie mime
> problem?).

Yes, I was convinced that IE never works with "on-the-fly" VRML and I'm failed
to press Mandelbrot into a JavaScript (due to "out of  memory" error). You can
try MHill.wrl may be you'll be more lucky.

Quote:
> Java support for Script node not implemented. Can't load Script node URL

It's a pity that "blaxxun Contact4.3" doesn't support Java :(
I'll check this. I use Cortona (don't know why) and CosmoPlayer is the most
widely distributed. I have only 1 error message from CosmoPlayer but in any case
I hope WRL will work under it in a few days. (I use in Java Cortona VRML classes
and I'm not absolutely shure CP is compatible.)

Quote:
> It is a shame that VRML is implemented so unevenly that specific
> combinations of tools are required in order to enjoy it.

3D  technologes aren't absolutely stable yet

I'm going to make Random fractal mounaits in a while.

Evgeny

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 3D IFS fractal clouds
Hi "Mr. Phillip"

and I'm studying "Blaxxun3D" (54kb) and "Shout3D"(? yet)  X3D applications

Evgeny

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 3D IFS fractal clouds
Hi  "Mr. Phillip"

Holger Grahn pointed me out on a few blaxxun Contact features. Due to VRML
viewers incompatibility is a very big defect of VRML I'll try to debug remotely
my scripts
http://www.ipm.sci-nnov.ru/~DEMIDOV/VRML/3DLab.htm

Evgeny

Quote:
> I am very interested in your work. Sadly, I can't see it. I use MSIE5 and
> blaxxun Contact4.3.
> Last week, your examples appeared as plain old text; (the old msie mime
> problem?).
> This week, the VRML plug-in at least opens up but I immediately get an error
> message...

> Java support for Script node not implemented.
> Can't load Script node URL

> It is a shame that VRML is implemented so unevenly that specific
> combinations of tools are required in order to enjoy it.

> --
> ---
> Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II

> http://philliphansel.com

Mon, 04 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. 3D fractal mountains with Java1.1

2. Interactive 3D fractal polyhedra

3. 3D fractal trees PROTO

4. 3D Fractal Garden

5. 3D Fractal Terrains

6. MS clouds

7. if you will irritate Shah's hall alongside clouds, it will surprisingly wander the fork

8. Cloud over Japan

9. INDUSTRY GADFLY: SpeedSim's Three Dark Clouds

10. Anyone on clouds (alghorithm's) ?!

11. Articulating a single IFS?

12. Contact4.2, IFS lighting