Getting transformed coordinates of sensors and objects
Author Message
 Getting transformed coordinates of sensors and objects

I have a prototype object for a cable stretched between two points, it includes
a script to recalculate the catenary curve if the ends are moved.
What I'd like to be able to do is move two objects that the cable is attached
to.  The problem is this...
      * I need the co-ordinates of the end points in the same co-ordinate
frame                   (the world)
      * The objects it is attached to are positioned via transforms.
      * The attached points are in the objects reference frame

        Can I extract the transformed co-ordinates of the object?

        A related problem, is that a plane sensor returns co-ordinates in the
sensors
coord frame.  If this has been positioned with a transform can
        I get the track point co-ordinates in the world coord frame?

Many thanks
        Alun
Dr Alun Moon             Regional Centre for Innovation in Engineering Design
tel: +44(191) 222 5306   Bruce Building, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
fax: +44(191) 222 5833   NE1 7RU

Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Touch sensor nodes and coordinates

2. Problem with touch sensors in a nested Transform

3. Problem with touch sensors in a nested Transform (Oops, I mistyped in previous email)

4. Sensors: getting rotation AND translation?

5. Getting mouse-coordinates within a picture

6. Getting absolute coordinates?

7. getting coordinate in vrml brower

8. Getting mouse coordinates

9. proximity sensor triggering a touch sensor

10. Touch sensor behind other objects

11. two touch sensors in one object

12. Touch sensor on multiple objects