VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0
Author Message
 VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0

Hi there,
I would like to convert vrml 1 into VRML 2 (VRML97). Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:17:06 GMT
 VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0
I use Keith Rule's freeware - "Crossroads".
It is not always perfect, but a few tweaks on the output using something
like Dune normally fix any quirks.

http://www.europa.com/~keithr/

There may be more recommendations on the http://www.web3d.org/vrml/vrml.htm
web site

Regards, Alan

Quote:
> Hi there,
> I would like to convert VRML 1 into VRML 2 (VRML97). Any suggestion?

> Thanks in advance

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:44:00 GMT
 VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0

Quote:
> I use Keith Rule's freeware - "Crossroads".
> It is not always perfect

AC3D can also read VRML1 and write VRML97

so long
MUFTI
--
Pers?nlicher Benutzer - fr den einzelnen Benutzer hing der
Wunsch des kompakten, hohen Klarheit Kopfes SVGA-Bildschirmanzeigen

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:50:13 GMT
 VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0

Quote:
> > I use Keith Rule's freeware - "Crossroads".
> > It is not always perfect

> AC3D can also read VRML1 and write VRML97

I have been using vrml1 to vrml2 converter from here.........

http://appsrv.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~csc5460/mirror/vrml1to2/vrml1to2E.html

Smitty

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:45:44 GMT
 VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0
I have a problem, I have tried to see the VRML 2 (97) with a viewer
(Lookat-OpenVRML), but I see only a black window. !?

Diego

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:58:27 GMT
 VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0

Quote:
> I have a problem, I have tried to see the VRML 2 (97) with a viewer
> (Lookat-OpenVRML), but I see only a black window. !?

There a few common reasons to see nothing or a black object before a
black background (maybe it is a good idea to include a Background Node
in this cases)

- no light
  per default, the "headlight" field of the NavigationInfo Node is on (TRUE),
  but if your world contain a NavigationInfo Node with headlight off (FALSE)
  Simple test: Delete the NavigationInfo Node

- bad camera position/orientation
  Your default viewpoint look at nothing
  Especially ugly if you are inside a very big singleside object, so
  you can not easily navigate out of it.

- wrong side:
  Objects can be singlesided. If you are at the false side of the
  object, you see nothing
  Simple test: force double sided objects with "solid FALSE"

- black texture
  sometimes modeller produce a Image- or Pixeltexture which is totally
  black
  Simple test: Delete the texture or
               Include a other object (like box) at a different location
               and try to navigate to see a black object before the other
               object

- black material
  sometimes modeller produce a black material
  Simple test: Delete the Material or
               Include a other object (like box) at a different location
               and try to navigate to see a black object before the other
               object

- black color of *Set
  Simple test: Delete the Color node
               Include a other object (like box) at a different location
               and try to navigate to see a black object before the other
               object

- Idiotic Normal of IndexedLineSet (showing into the object itself)
  Simple test: Delete the Normal node
               Include a other object (like box) at a different location
               and try to navigate to see a black object before the other
               object

so long
MUFTI
--
Beim Lesen Ihrer Erinnerungen ist ein Problem aufgetreten.
                     (Fehlermeldung von Micro$oft outlook)

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 22:03:37 GMT
 VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0

Quote:

> I have a problem, I have tried to see the VRML 2 (97) with a viewer
> (Lookat-OpenVRML), but I see only a black window. !?

> Diego

all'inizio sempre cosi'...

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:55:21 GMT
 VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0

Quote:

>> > I use Keith Rule's freeware - "Crossroads".
>> > It is not always perfect

>> AC3D can also read VRML1 and write VRML97

> I have been using vrml1 to vrml2 converter from here.........

> http://appsrv.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~csc5460/mirror/vrml1to2/vrml1to2E.html

> Smitty

blender... .py

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:57:26 GMT

1. Converte VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0

2. converting VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0

3. VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0 Converter

4. VRML 2.0 compliant version of LodeStar or VRML 2.0->1.0 converter

5. VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0 converter

6. vrml 1.0 and 2.0

7. problem of convert vrml 1.0 to 2.0

8. vrml 1.0 vs. 2.0