JSObject stuff & stuff
Author Message
 JSObject stuff & stuff

Hello,
I went to the site
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Here I was able to view an awesome example of Java interacting with the
cosmoplayer.  All of the code is there to download, but when I tried to
modify the code and run it on my system the java compiler yelled at me
about the line:  import netscape.javascript.JSObject. It makes sense
since I can't even find the file on my system.  How come the Tiny3D
website works and I can view the applet which uses
netscape.javascript.JSObject, but when I try to use it on my system I
can't find the correct class or file?  Does anyone know how I can find
it?

Thanks,
Amy

Sun, 02 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 JSObject stuff & stuff

Hello,

Quote:

> Hello,
> I went to the site

> http://cosmo.sgi.com/player/developer/eai/Examples.Sourced/Tiny3D/ind...

> Here I was able to view an awesome example of Java interacting with
> the
> cosmoplayer.  All of the code is there to download, but when I tried
> modify the code and run it on my system the java compiler yelled at me
> about the line:  import netscape.javascript.JSObject. It makes sense
> since I can't even find the file on my system.  How come the Tiny3D
> website works and I can view the applet which uses
> netscape.javascript.JSObject, but when I try to use it on my system I
> can't find the correct class or file?  Does anyone know how I can find
> it?

> Thanks,
> Amy

If you are using Netscape 3.01, look for a file called java_301, for
Netscape 4.0 the file is java40.jar.  Rename it to a zip file and
extract the netscape.javascript.JSObject,
netscape.javascript.JSException, and netscape.plugin.Plugin files.  Name
back so the browser can find it.  Keep their directory structure intact
and put them somewhere in your classpath.  Depending on your compiler
there are some problems importing classes that are in archived files.
This is explained in a little more detail on the EAI FAQ site,
http://www.tomco.net/~raf/faqs/eaifaq.html.

--
Ross A. Finlayson
http://www.tomco.net/~raf

Sun, 02 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 JSObject stuff & stuff

Quote:

> Hello,
> I went to the site
> http://cosmo.sgi.com/player/developer/eai/Examples.Sourced/Tiny3D/ind...

> Here I was able to view an awesome example of Java interacting with the
> cosmoplayer.  All of the code is there to download, but when I tried to
> modify the code and run it on my system the java compiler yelled at me
> about the line:  import netscape.javascript.JSObject. It makes sense
> since I can't even find the file on my system.  How come the Tiny3D
> website works and I can view the applet which uses
> netscape.javascript.JSObject, but when I try to use it on my system I
> can't find the correct class or file?  Does anyone know how I can find
> it?

If I'm not mistaken, Netscape has a file 'javaXXX' (with XXX the
version-number of Netscape, eg 300 or 301). I have heard that you have to
unzip this file into your classpath. To do this, first copy the file to
'javaXXX.zip'and then unzip this. the classes should be in it. With
Netscape 4, the classes are in a jar-file. But you can also use unzip to
unzip this, because it is a subset of normal zip.

Bye,
        Marijn

 ros et vies dot rue dot enel
 Commercial and/or unsolicited email and/or spam will be
 processed for a DFL100 handling fee. Unsolicited sending
 constitutes acceptance.

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. FS/A: Cool rare SMALLTALK stuff, don't miss out, NeXT and BeOS stuff too

2. How can I ask LV to leave my design time stuff separate from runtime stuff

3. Latest Fortran stuff and other stuff

4. Z~6Z7E\o6HOT TECHNOLOGIES AND FREE STUFF&suH&{(myr

5. Pb with syntax of loadURL(JSObject url, int urlSize, JSObject parameter, int paramSize)

6. More files & stuff (threads)

7. Hard Drive Serial Number & Stuff

8. setting environment variables & stuffing keyboard buffers

9. Bn7X(JQlw/qHOT TECHNOLOGIES AND FREE STUFF@`]2]&t'D

10. Bird & Wadler stuff

11. FAQ INFO & stuff

12. Stem Variables & Stuff