NEED HELP, Java script node and applet
Author Message
 NEED HELP, Java script node and applet

Hi all,

  I really need help on this.

  I am developing an application loaded over the web that has a Script node
using a Java class and an Applet.

  I want the script node java-class and the applet to be able to communicate
to each other, but because they are loaded over the network, they are given
different classloaders.  I can not use the normal static class method to
communicate between two applets of the same codebase.

  Has anyone else done something like this?  To communicate between a Java
script node and an applet?

Please help.
Thanks

Jen Hsu

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NEED HELP, Java script node and applet
Hi All,

  The functionality I was trying to achieve was opening a new browser with
an URL built conditionally depending on what the user clicked on the vrml
world.  The solution I decided on was to route this URL (as a string) out to
another node written in javascript, which has the window.open method.

Thanks all
Jen

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help Needed : Using native methods in Java Script Nodes in Netscape 4.0/Cosmo 2.0

2. HELP java script node and outside communication

3. Help: GUI JDK 1.1 from a Java Script node

4. Mixing Java EAI stuff with Java in Script nodes

5. Java Applet and Problems with Script

6. java applet in tcl-cgi script

7. ST Applets vs Java Applets

8. Script node: JavaScript vs. Java

9. Java Script Node and security

10. Security problem in a VRML JAVA Script node?

11. VRML, JAVA (script node) and Windows NT

12. Question about a script node using JAVA