fileds & exposedFields in EAI
Author Message
 fileds & exposedFields in EAI

Hi!!!

Does anybody know, if possible, how to get the value of an exposedfield or
field in a vrml file from an EAI Java applet? Which method should I use? I
have been unable to use the getField() or getExposedField() because they are
inherited from the class Script.

Thank you very much.

Bye

Carles Pairot Gavald

Wed, 20 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 fileds & exposedFields in EAI

Quote:

> Hi!!!

> Does anybody know, if possible, how to get the value of an exposedfield or
> field in a VRML file from an EAI Java applet? Which method should I use? I
> have been unable to use the getField() or getExposedField() because they are
> inherited from the class Script.

For an exposedField you
1. initialize an eventOut using the "<node name>.getEventOut" on the implicit
eventOut
of the exposedField, which is "<exposedField name>_changed".
    example:
import vrml.external.field.EventOut;
import vrml.external.field.EventOutMFString;

node myTextNode;
    myTextNode = new node("DEFdTextNode");
    eventOutMFString stringEvent;
    stringEvent = myTextNode.getEventOut("string_changed");
    stringEvent.advise(<some unique string that identifies that the event comes
from this node>)

2. Then you can  sense an event from this eventOut<type>
      polling weather the event signalture is this unique string used in the
".advise" above
      extracting its value using the applicable getValue() method.

I dont think you can send events to fields, but Im not sure.

Hope that helps

Michael

Quote:

> Thank you very much.

> Bye

> Carles Pairot Gavald

  michael.preminger.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. accessing exposedFields with EAI

2. EAI Access to ExposedFields

3. NUCLPLIST and releated fileds in VM/CMS

4. Galois Fileds and APL?

5. Hiding Fileds/Elements on a report

6. Substitute for Memo-Fileds?

7. EAI - drag&drop