Contact 5.0
Author Message
 Contact 5.0

Hi everybody,

please have a look at blaxxun Contact 5.0 available from
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ://www.blaxxun.de/
First some warnings:
The provided web install (click on the icon in the lower left) assumes
default settings for the installation, so it will register itself for
vrml files and deactivate other VRML viewers. Furthermore it contains
limited language support (English, Spanish, German, French) and no EAI
(update installations from 4.4 however have full language support and
EAI enabled).
Currently we provide only one downloadable exe
ftp://ftp.blaxxun.com/pub/blaxxunContact50.exe respectively
ftp://ftp.blaxxun.de/pub/blaxxunContact50.exe. This version contains all
system DLLs, TextToSpeech engines, and more stuff you might ever need in
one of blaxxuns community base worlds. With 5 MB it is by far larger
than the web install which is less than 1.5 MB on a Win98, Me, 2000
sysytems. As the new setup is customizable and controllable in html
blaxxun will provide more versions in the weeks to come.
Contact5.0 requires OpenGL or DirectX7, a Celeron 400 or higher with a
graphics card like a TNT2 or up is recommended. On older systems you may
experience a small performance hit compared to 4.4 (DX7 assumed, OpenGL
perfromace depends on 3d card).

Now for the features:
Besides a smaller download, an unified OpenGL and DirectX renderer, and
DirectX7 support (you can expect huge performance gains on modern T&L
graphic boards), its main feature is a fully customizable navigation
unit (the corresponding Nodes were presented at Web3D 2001at the Node
Proposal Workshop by Tom Volk, one of our lead developers) .
Please have a look at

http://www.*-*-*.com/
ndex.html
for documentation and  examples.
To enable sophisticated UI design Contact now supports several MPEG4
nodes mainly Layer3d and  Layer2d.
Other features include multi texturing, reflection/environment maps, a
DeviceSensor (to support more input devices), cells & portals and more.
The release notes for the 3d part, which most of you are only interested
in can be found at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
html

thanks
--Bernd

blaxxun interactive             http://www.*-*-*.com/
____________________________________
Visit us from March 22 - March 28, 2001 at
CeBIT 2001 in Hannover,  Hall 6 / Booth E33

blaxxun interactive www.blaxxun.com or www.blaxxun.de

--

Project Manager

blaxxun interactive             http://www.*-*-*.com/
Elsenheimer Str.61              Tel:    ++49- 89- 544 628-35
80687 Muenchen                  Fax:    ++49- 89- 544 628-29
____________________________________
Visit us from March 22 - March 28, 2001 at
CeBIT 2001 in Hannover,  Hall 6 / Booth E33

blaxxun interactive www.blaxxun.com or www.blaxxun.de

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:45:37 GMT
 Contact 5.0
Hi,
AMAZING! The environment mapping is very nice and its quality really good.

I have a question regarding the multitexturing features (for lightmap use) :

Do you plan to release a new export plugin for 3dsmax that could export the
light maps informations and the environment mapping?
(I think that the Shout 3D export plugin is a good example)

Thanks

Laurent PRIVAT
http://www.villes-3d.com

Quote:
> Hi everybody,

> please have a look at blaxxun Contact 5.0 available from
> http://www.blaxxun.com/ or http://www.blaxxun.de/
> First some warnings:
> The provided web install (click on the icon in the lower left) assumes
> default settings for the installation, so it will register itself for
> VRML files and deactivate other VRML viewers. Furthermore it contains
> limited language support (English, Spanish, German, French) and no EAI
> (update installations from 4.4 however have full language support and
> EAI enabled).
> Currently we provide only one downloadable exe
> ftp://ftp.blaxxun.com/pub/blaxxunContact50.exe respectively
> ftp://ftp.blaxxun.de/pub/blaxxunContact50.exe. This version contains all
> system DLLs, TextToSpeech engines, and more stuff you might ever need in
> one of blaxxuns community base worlds. With 5 MB it is by far larger
> than the web install which is less than 1.5 MB on a Win98, Me, 2000
> sysytems. As the new setup is customizable and controllable in html
> blaxxun will provide more versions in the weeks to come.
> Contact5.0 requires OpenGL or DirectX7, a Celeron 400 or higher with a
> graphics card like a TNT2 or up is recommended. On older systems you may
> experience a small performance hit compared to 4.4 (DX7 assumed, OpenGL
> perfromace depends on 3d card).

> Now for the features:
> Besides a smaller download, an unified OpenGL and DirectX renderer, and
> DirectX7 support (you can expect huge performance gains on modern T&L
> graphic boards), its main feature is a fully customizable navigation
> unit (the corresponding Nodes were presented at Web3D 2001at the Node
> Proposal Workshop by Tom Volk, one of our lead developers) .
> Please have a look at

http://www.blaxxun.com/support/developerguide/developer/contact/3d/vr...
Quote:

http://www.blaxxun.com/support/developerguide/developer/contact/3d/re....

> html

> thanks
> --Bernd

> blaxxun interactive             http://www.blaxxun.com
> ____________________________________
> Visit us from March 22 - March 28, 2001 at
> CeBIT 2001 in Hannover,  Hall 6 / Booth E33

> blaxxun interactive - www.blaxxun.com or www.blaxxun.de

> --

> Project Manager

> blaxxun interactive             http://www.blaxxun.com
> Elsenheimer Str.61              Tel:    ++49- 89- 544 628-35
> 80687 Muenchen                  Fax:    ++49- 89- 544 628-29
> ____________________________________
> Visit us from March 22 - March 28, 2001 at
> CeBIT 2001 in Hannover,  Hall 6 / Booth E33

> blaxxun interactive - www.blaxxun.com or www.blaxxun.de

Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:35:31 GMT
 Contact 5.0
Hi Laurent

Quote:

:

> Do you plan to release a new export plugin for 3dsmax that could export
the
> light maps informations and the environment mapping?
> (I think that the Shout 3D export plugin is a good example)

We haven't checked that out yet.

So far I tested the conversion from Quake3 maps to multi texture VRML,
which already looks very nice.
There are also a lot of tools creating & lighting & optimizing quake 3 maps.

Greetings

Holger

blaxxun interactive  http://www.blaxxun.com

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 05:14:38 GMT

1. Blaxxun Contact 5.0

2. VB 5.0 calling a DVF 5.0 DLL

3. Mcafee upgrade 5.0 and Outlook Express 5.0

4. Contacts in Poland?

5. BAA contact?

6. BAA E-mail contacts

7. Tool of Thought, phone contacts

8. Looking for contact information for Kent Beck

9. B├ęzier curves in APL :just contact me.

10. need to contact Dr. Ken Iverson re PhD

11. contact info ahn thu vo, Cincom, DST?

12. VSE Porting Tool Project - Looking for VSE customer contacts for porting study