vrml's VR ability
Author Message
 vrml's VR ability

Hello,

When I use SGI Inventor's ivview program, I can call up an object
and use the ivview options to switch to stereo mode.

Then, I alter the monitor with xscreen.

Is it possible to do this, similarly with a web page show a vrml scene?

Can I use comso player, an SGI, the Stereo Crystal Eyes. to fly through
a VR scene in stereo VR?

Can someone tell me how to do it (if it is simple and quick)? Or is it
in a FAQ?

Thanks,
Tom

Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 vrml's VR ability
It would be sure nice to have this feature in the CosmoPlayer, but as I know
it doesn't provide it yet. Many of VRML viewer developer are currently
working on it, so keep beeing informed about newest software versions.

Inbetween you  can download the OpenWorlds SGI stereoscopic browser from
http://openworlds.com/products . PLEASE let me know if and how it works.
(VIEW IN 3D-STEREO with Horizon-SP Browser!! Works with StereoGraphics'
Crystal Eyes Stereo EyeWear)
I have tried it myself, but as I remember, there was a problem with it - I
am not very familiar with SGI stuff, so, that was maybe the reason?
(I am currently in process of porting SGI VR environment to Windows NT)

You can also check http://www.beyond-3d.com (let me know about your
experience - I was not able to find the executable in their download...)

Klaudius

Quote:
> Hello,

> When I use SGI Inventor's ivview program, I can call up an object
> and use the ivview options to switch to stereo mode.

> Then, I alter the monitor with xscreen.

> Is it possible to do this, similarly with a web page show a vrml scene?

> Can I use comso player, an SGI, the Stereo Crystal Eyes. to fly through
> a VR scene in stereo VR?

> Can someone tell me how to do it (if it is simple and quick)? Or is it
> in a FAQ?

> Thanks,
> Tom

Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 vrml's VR ability

Quote:

> When I use SGI Inventor's ivview program, I can call up an object
> and use the ivview options to switch to stereo mode.

> Is it possible to do this, similarly with a web page show a vrml scene?

> Can I use comso player, an SGI, the Stereo Crystal Eyes. to fly through
> a VR scene in stereo VR?

CosmoPlayer won't, but CosmoWorlds for Irix can be switched into stereo
mode (does, however, not show all the active stuff; views local files
only).

  http://www.sgi.com/software/cosmo/worlds.html

cheers,
Michael

--

| qbVISION ~)           / /          http://www.qbvision.at/ |
| Annenstr. 29         / / 4D       menu/people/team/mpi.htm |

Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Real VR redux [Forth-based VR!]

2. VR Proposals, VR Requirements Spec (examples needed)

3. my remarks on vrml and quake/halflife/worldcraft/qeradiant for vr experiments

4. VR goggles for VRML

5. Postgrad VR and VRML research

6. VRML-Browser/ VR-Hardware?

7. Vitrus VRML Toolkit (Virtus VR) questions...

8. VRML and VR Devices?

9. why choose VRML as Network VR standard ?

10. Quicktime VR vs. VRML

11. VRML Content: i.Lab Conference Room VR

12. Assessing Someone's Ability To Learn Smalltalk