X3D specification passed or not???
Author Message
 X3D specification passed or not???

Has the X3D specification been passed or is still in the process?. I
have a read a lot of material about X3D and it is confusing, could you
please explain the following paragraph.

"X3D addresses the limitations of VRML. It is fully specified, so
content will be fully compatible. It is extensible, which means X3D
can be used to make a small, efficient 3D animation player, or can be
used to support the latest streaming or rendering extensions. It
supports multiple encodings and APIs, so it can easily be integrated
with Web browsers through XML or with other applications. In addition
to close ties with XML, X3D is the technology behind MPEG-4's 3D
support. "

sunny

Thu, 24 Nov 2005 05:52:27 GMT
 X3D specification passed or not???
pls answer this question!

sunil

Quote:

> Has the X3D specification been passed or is still in the process?. I
> have a read a lot of material about X3D and it is confusing, could you
> please explain the following paragraph.

> "X3D addresses the limitations of VRML. It is fully specified, so
> content will be fully compatible. It is extensible, which means X3D
> can be used to make a small, efficient 3D animation player, or can be
> used to support the latest streaming or rendering extensions. It
> supports multiple encodings and APIs, so it can easily be integrated
> with Web browsers through XML or with other applications. In addition
> to close ties with XML, X3D is the technology behind MPEG-4's 3D
> support. "

> sunny

Thu, 01 Dec 2005 23:08:46 GMT

1. X3D, the next VRML Specification

2. X3D concern -- a copy of a letter I recently sent to some X3D members -- please comment

3. openMP: threadprivate not effected and function variables not passed

4. Specification does not compile

5. C4 - params not passed to function

6. message passing not-vs. multimethods

7. field not updated (passed through a script node)

8. Passing a $var (not from a form) w/globals off

9. php variables not passing through

10. parameters do not pass from form?

11. session not passing variable

12. db variables not being passed