Instantiate PROTO using createVrmlFromString
Author Message
 Instantiate PROTO using createVrmlFromString

Hi,

Although my scene starts with the definition of the proto,
the parser does not accept the vrml source that includes
a reference to this proto when using the createVrmlFromString()
method from the Browser object.

Ofcourse, I don't want to include the proto definition in the source.
Should I use external protos instead ? Can someone give me an example ?

PROTO MyProto [...]{...}

Script {
    Browser.createVrmlFromString ( 'MyProto { .... }' );

}

--
Ernest M.Micklei

Quote:
>-----^-------<

| PhilmonWorks
| Interactive 3D Graphics
| www.philemonworks.com

Quote:
>-----v-------<

"Finding primes with Smalltalk..."
| n | ( 2 to: (n := Array new: 100000) size ) select:[ :i | (n at: i)
isNil and:[ i + i to: n size by: i do:[ :j | n at: j put: 0 ]. true ]]

Fri, 24 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. use defined PROTO in "Browser.createVrmlFromString"?

2. EAI: How to createVrmlFromString a PROTO or EXTERNPROTO?

3. PROTO with script in createVRMLFromString

4. Using protos from CreateVrmlFromString

5. Using DEF in Browser.createVrmlFromString() method

6. Generic using another generic instantiated elsewhere

7. Problem instantiating "&" using GNAT

8. Beam PROTO for steel structures (PROTO memory problems)

9. Coordinate System using PROTO

10. EAI:Creating VRML World using PROTO's

11. using SFNode Transform {} in PROTO (w/cosmo player)

12. proto-PEP: interpolated strings using ""if