Texture Baking for VRML Scene?
Author Message
 Texture Baking for VRML Scene?

Hi, Anyone here experienced with the Render to Texture feature of 3D Studio
MAX 5? I'm trying to figure out how to include the texture info of my scene
when I export to vrml from MAX 5. Anyone experienced with these things?
thanks
yang

Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:54:45 GMT
 Texture Baking for VRML Scene?
there is some problems concerning texturemapping coordinates and
texturebaking and exporting it to vrml97 format, but if you do the following
steps it works.
 I guess you have a model with textures applied and so on now our goal is
bake a texture and make that texture work in vrml.
 use the render to tex. feature for your object and save the texture under
some sort a filename (ex blabla.jpg), your model have now a new material
applied which refers to the texturebaked one. when you've done that the
texture looks applied ok in maxviewports but if you export it now it doesn't
work in vrmlviewer ( in my case blaxxun ). your object has an modifier
applied which has changed your objects texturecoordinates to the new baked
texture and for some reason this isn't exportable to vrml. In the this "top
of the stack" modifier you can choose to save the uvw-cordinates to a
file -> do that! Then apply a new uvw-unwrap modifier to your object and
load the uvw-cordinate file. Apply a new standard material with diffuse
channel using your baked bitmap and export to vrml and everything works
perfect.
Hope I made it understandable
Kedde

Quote:
> Hi, Anyone here experienced with the Render to Texture feature of 3D
Studio
> MAX 5? I'm trying to figure out how to include the texture info of my
scene
> when I export to VRML from MAX 5. Anyone experienced with these things?
> thanks
> yang

Fri, 29 Apr 2005 23:51:44 GMT

1. max vrml scenes to augmented reality

2. Printing a VRML scene

3. VRML scene part cutting

4. "Tearing" problem with some VRML scenes

5. Controlling speed of a VRML scene with Java Applet

6. Open window in VRML scene

7. VRML scene

8. Large VRML scene

9. VRML Scene disappear when FontPage 98 WebServer running?

10. Does VooDoo speed up VRML-scenes?

11. saving Cosmo3D scene graphs into VRML 2.0 format

12. SEEKING: VRML scene graph drawer