"a tropical fish" first step 
Author Message
 "a tropical fish" first step

Hi

http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~demidov/VRML/Splines/Splines.htm
it is not finished but it works (I'm not sure you recognize the fish :)
I think I have to make a modelling tool for textures. And I'm going to
add a mannequin too.

Evgeny



Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:24:53 GMT  
 "a tropical fish" first step
Evgeny:
I see that you too have found Dr. Eaton's fickle finger of fate. I converted
it to animated VRML...
http://philliphansel.com/phalange.wrl

And to shout3D for those without a vrml plug-in.
http://philliphansel.com/shout3d/phalange.htm

I keep meaning to duplicate it into a full set of fingers, but time keeps
disappearing before I get around to it.

--
---
Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II

http://philliphansel.com

Quote:
> Hi

> http://www.ddt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/evgeny/splines.htm or
> http://www.ipm.sci-nnov.ru/~demidov/VRML/Splines/Splines.htm
> it is not finished but it works (I'm not sure you recognize the fish :)
> I think I have to make a modelling tool for textures. And I'm going to
> add a mannequin too.

> Evgeny



Sat, 18 Oct 2003 09:18:27 GMT  
 "a tropical fish" first step


Quote:
> Evgeny:
> I see that you too have found Dr. Eaton's fickle finger of fate. I
converted
> it to animated VRML...
> http://philliphansel.com/phalange.wrl

I see a flexing tri-color skeletal finger, with two viewpoints.

Quote:

> And to shout3D for those without a vrml plug-in.
> http://philliphansel.com/shout3d/phalange.htm

Same thing, but when I dragged my mouse I lost the model.  After a minute of
careful dragging I was able to regain it.  A side-by-side comparison like
this is good.  Shout3d excels in that the load time is comparable and as
long as there is Java installed you don't have to download anything.  The
downside is that it has no viewpoints.

I assume there must be some way to get viewpoints in Shout, but apparently
it is not supported by your translation software.  I assume you just ran
this through a Shout export filter.

--Steve



Sat, 18 Oct 2003 11:46:49 GMT  
 "a tropical fish" first step

Quote:
>Shout3d excels in that the load time is comparable and as
> long as there is Java installed you don't have to download anything.

I have to correct myself.  What I should have said is "Shout3d excels in
that it has a comparable load time on Java enabled browsers, which have a
much larger installed base".

The last thing I want to do is perpetuate the "Java is better for 3d because
there is no plugin" myth.

--Steve



Sun, 19 Oct 2003 09:38:29 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. That "fishing" reporter is important

2. The "famous" Tcl/Tk Fish

3. a tropical fish

4. RFC: Creating a "STEP" Site

5. code "step" bug

6. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

7. Was Hypercard the first "Visual Forth"?

8. "First Forth"

9. are functions/methods "first class objects"?

10. "Powered by Ruby" - my first effort

11. meaning of "First-Class"

12. PEP-308 a "simplicity-first" alternative

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software