ANN: Bitmanagement releases BS Contact VRML 6.1 
Author Message
 ANN: Bitmanagement releases BS Contact VRML 6.1

Dear all,

Bitmanagement Software announces the brand new BS Contact vrml 6.1.
BS Contact VRML is a flexible and fast 3D rendering engine
for the web, intranet and custom applications.

Supported file formats are VRML97 with many extensions, e.g.
render to texture, multi-texturing, NURBS, particle systems and X3D.
Using the BS SDK package easy interfacing via COM is
available for C++, VB, C#, MSJAVA, VBScript, JScript, Delphi.

The player is provided for download without functional restrictions
or time limitation.  Commercial use requires a licence which removes
the animated logo in the lower right corner.

Major new features:
_______________

- X3D/XML Support: 3D Scenes can be encoded in XML, XML tree can
   be passed in memory to the 3D engine

- Encrypted Content protects content hosters and owners from
   reuse of their 3D modells.

- Large Scene performance optimization: improved culling via
   OctTrees, QuadTree and BspTree including experimental
   occlusion culling

- Native H-Anim node support: allows smooth skinned character
   animation

- 1 MB CAB Installer: allows quick player auto installation in
   Internet Explorer. Manual Installer for IE, Netscape, Mozilla, Opera.

- Text Rendering via Textures: very fast high quality antialiased
   Text in 3D.

- Environment mapped Bump Mapping and more MultiTexture
   enhancements: more FX possible in scenes

- Game like navigation style

- Joystick device driver: improved user input experience

- Support of latest Microsoft Internet Explorer Security update

- Screenshot function

... many more improvements and new demos are online

For more information and download please visit:
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Information for developers
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Documentation:
____________

Product Description:
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Release notes
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Users Guide:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Feature Labs:
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

All the best,

Peter

________________________________________________
Bitmanagement Software GmbH
Interactive 3D Technology for Virtual Reality
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Peter Schickel
CEO


________________________________________________



Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:17:33 GMT  
 ANN: Bitmanagement releases BS Contact VRML 6.1

Quote:

> Dear all,

> Bitmanagement Software announces the brand new BS Contact VRML 6.1.
> BS Contact VRML is a flexible and fast 3D rendering engine
> for the web, intranet and custom applications.

> Supported file formats are VRML97 with many extensions, e.g.
> render to texture, multi-texturing, NURBS, particle systems and X3D.
> Using the BS SDK package easy interfacing via COM is
> available for C++, VB, C#, MSJAVA, VBScript, JScript, Delphi.

> The player is provided for download without functional restrictions
> or time limitation.  Commercial use requires a licence which removes
> the animated logo in the lower right corner.

> Major new features:
> _______________

> - X3D/XML Support: 3D Scenes can be encoded in XML, XML tree can
>    be passed in memory to the 3D engine

I installed BS Contact VRML 6.1 into Netscape 4.8.  

For an XML encoded X3D file, only the .x3dz extension is recognized.
Why not .x3d ?  

http://cic.nist.gov/lipman/vrml/nistlogo.x3d   does not work in BS
Contact VRML 6.1
http://cic.nist.gov/lipman/vrml/nistlogo.x3dz  does work

--
Bob Lipman
http://cic.nist.gov/lipman/



Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:49:59 GMT  
 ANN: Bitmanagement releases BS Contact VRML 6.1
Hi
what mime types do you have installed on the webserver for X3D ?

Greetings

Holger



Quote:

> > Dear all,

> > Bitmanagement Software announces the brand new BS Contact VRML 6.1.
> > BS Contact VRML is a flexible and fast 3D rendering engine
> > for the web, intranet and custom applications.

> > Supported file formats are VRML97 with many extensions, e.g.
> > render to texture, multi-texturing, NURBS, particle systems and X3D.
> > Using the BS SDK package easy interfacing via COM is
> > available for C++, VB, C#, MSJAVA, VBScript, JScript, Delphi.

> > The player is provided for download without functional restrictions
> > or time limitation.  Commercial use requires a licence which removes
> > the animated logo in the lower right corner.

> > Major new features:
> > _______________

> > - X3D/XML Support: 3D Scenes can be encoded in XML, XML tree can
> >    be passed in memory to the 3D engine

> I installed BS Contact VRML 6.1 into Netscape 4.8.

> For an XML encoded X3D file, only the .x3dz extension is recognized.
> Why not .x3d ?

> http://cic.nist.gov/lipman/vrml/nistlogo.x3d   does not work in BS
> Contact VRML 6.1
> http://cic.nist.gov/lipman/vrml/nistlogo.x3dz  does work

> --
> Bob Lipman
> http://cic.nist.gov/lipman/



Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:19:01 GMT  
 ANN: Bitmanagement releases BS Contact VRML 6.1

Quote:

> Hi
> what mime types do you have installed on the webserver for X3D ?

In Netscape if you go to Help and do about:plugins  you'll see that the
mimetype is model/x3d+xml and the suffix is .x3dz  There is nothing
about .x3d

I tried a .x3d and .x3dz file in BS Contact VRML 6.1 and both worked
properly.  So it seems like there might be a mimetype problem with
Netscape.

Bob Lipman

Quote:

> Greetings

> Holger




> > > Dear all,

> > > Bitmanagement Software announces the brand new BS Contact VRML 6.1.
> > > BS Contact VRML is a flexible and fast 3D rendering engine
> > > for the web, intranet and custom applications.

> > > Supported file formats are VRML97 with many extensions, e.g.
> > > render to texture, multi-texturing, NURBS, particle systems and X3D.
> > > Using the BS SDK package easy interfacing via COM is
> > > available for C++, VB, C#, MSJAVA, VBScript, JScript, Delphi.

> > > The player is provided for download without functional restrictions
> > > or time limitation.  Commercial use requires a licence which removes
> > > the animated logo in the lower right corner.

> > > Major new features:
> > > _______________

> > > - X3D/XML Support: 3D Scenes can be encoded in XML, XML tree can
> > >    be passed in memory to the 3D engine

> > I installed BS Contact VRML 6.1 into Netscape 4.8.

> > For an XML encoded X3D file, only the .x3dz extension is recognized.
> > Why not .x3d ?

> > http://cic.nist.gov/lipman/vrml/nistlogo.x3d   does not work in BS
> > Contact VRML 6.1
> > http://cic.nist.gov/lipman/vrml/nistlogo.x3dz  does work

> > --
> > Bob Lipman
> > http://cic.nist.gov/lipman/

--
Bob Lipman
http://cic.nist.gov/lipman/


Sat, 26 Nov 2005 01:13:50 GMT  
 ANN: Bitmanagement releases BS Contact VRML 6.1

Quote:

> Bitmanagement Software announces the brand new BS Contact VRML 6.1.

....

In announcements, you should tell people, it runs only under
M$Windows version ???? - unlike the "secret version" of
blaxxun Contact 3D 4.3 8-)

so long
MUFTI
--
Beginnen Sie die Maschine ohne irgendein Gedruckte Schaltkarten Geschenk
wieder und Gedruckte Schaltkarten.
           (Card Executive 2.0 for NT Diagnostics)



Sat, 26 Nov 2005 17:56:42 GMT  
 ANN: Bitmanagement releases BS Contact VRML 6.1
Hi Robert,

Quote:
> > what mime types do you have installed on the webserver for X3D ?

> In Netscape if you go to Help and do about:plugins  you'll see that the
> mimetype is model/x3d+xml and the suffix is .x3dz  There is nothing
> about .x3d

You would need to ask your sysadmin to add the X3D mimeteypes
to the web-server configuration.

BTW the X3D mimetype seems not to be configured at www.web3d.org as well.
Also the automated translated examples are not working via www because
of the the wrong DTD header.

In the examples :
<!DOCTYPE X3D PUBLIC "http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.0.dtd"

"file:///www.web3d.org/TaskGroups/x3d/translation/x3d-3.0.dtd">

This only works if you installed the examples localy and if you have
c:\www.web3d.org :-)))

I think the right DOCTYPE  header would be
<!DOCTYPE X3D PUBLIC "http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.0.dtd"
"http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.0.dtd">

BTW what happens if www.web3d.org is down, no parsing of X3D possible ?

Quote:
> I tried a .x3d and .x3dz file in BS Contact VRML 6.1 and both worked
> properly.  So it seems like there might be a mimetype problem with
> Netscape.

Which one ?

Greetings

Holger



Mon, 28 Nov 2005 06:05:57 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. BS Contact VRML review & Bitmanagement interview

2. Article: Test of BS Contact VRML 6.1 (Web3d-Fr.com)

3. ANN: myCC3Delphi 2.05 (uses BS Contact VRML)

4. ANN: ScreenSaver for BS Contact VRML

5. LabVIEW 6.1 is released

6. Application Builder 6.1 - Can you release applications for version 6.0

7. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 6.1: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

8. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 6.1 released

9. Argentino de Bs.As que quiera armar grupo de estudio VRML

10. VRML Extensions common to Cortona4.x and BS Contatact 6.x

11. AdaGIDE 6.10 release (GUI IDE for Windows 95/NT)

12. Sharp APL for Linux 6.1

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software