Slow leaving VRML page
Author Message
 Slow leaving VRML page

Hi,

When I have a web page with a vrml file displayed in it with CosmoPlayer
2.1.1 in Netscape 4.76 and then I try to kill the page or go to another
page, it's very slow getting to the next page.  It didn't used to be
this way.  I don't know what happened to the configuration of my PC to
cause this slow behavior to happen.  I've reinstalled CosmoPlayer with
no change in the slowness.  Has anybody seen this behavior before?
What's the problem?

Thanks,

Bob Lipman

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Slow leaving VRML page

Quote:

> Hi,

> When I have a web page with a VRML file displayed in it with CosmoPlayer
> 2.1.1 in Netscape 4.76 and then I try to kill the page or go to another
> page, it's very slow getting to the next page.  It didn't used to be
> this way.  I don't know what happened to the configuration of my PC to
> cause this slow behavior to happen.  I've reinstalled CosmoPlayer with
> no change in the slowness.  Has anybody seen this behavior before?
> What's the problem?

I finally figured out the problem.  I had about 20,000 files taking up
2.0 Gb in the C:\WINDOWS\TEMP directory.  I think it was stuff left over
from some install that never got cleared away.  I deleted everything in
the TEMP directory and it cleared up the problem I was having with
Netscape and CosmoPlayer.

Bob Lipman

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:34:00 GMT

1. Application runs slow except clicking titlebar using left mouse button

2. New Cafe VRML community pages at vrml.sgi.com/ register for a link

3. Hove to shift page numbers from left to right side depending on even uneven pagenumber

4. Answer: Leaving a LogoWriter page without saving it

5. recognizing when user leaves a web page

6. Page Up/Down event masks and pos of top left corner of text widget

7. Java Controlled VRML much too slow

8. Java Controlled VRML simulation much too Slow ?

9. Vrml to slow for this?

10. What is slowing down my VRML?

11. VRML plugins are slow.

12. TclX.n man pages (and pages and pages....)