EAI and Javascript/Perl
Author Message
 EAI and Javascript/Perl

Hi,
I'd like to build a vrml 97 world which will be controlled from an HTML
page, namely, there will be the cosmo-player showing the movement of the
user in the world, and the instructions to move within the world will
come from the user moving the mouse over a two dimensional image map in
the HTML page. I'd prefer it if the control would be done in either Perl
or Javascript (i.e., not in  Java).
Do any of you know where I could get some examples on how to do the
above ?
Thanks,
Ron.

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EAI and Javascript/Perl

Quote:
> I'd like to build a VRML 97 world which will be controlled from an HTML
> page, namely, there will be the cosmo-player showing the movement of the
> user in the world, and the instructions to move within the world will
> come from the user moving the mouse over a two dimensional image map in
> the HTML page. I'd prefer it if the control would be done in either Perl
> or Javascript (i.e., not in  Java).
> Do any of you know where I could get some examples on how to do the
> above ?

I have a tutorial on using Javascript for the EAI (with a limited
example to get you started).

It's at: http://vrml.miningco.com/library/bljsvrml2js.htm

The only problem is that it only works with Netscape, versions 4.0x and
above (it uses Netscape's LiveConnect protocol).

- Paul
***********************************
Paul S. Hoffman
Senior Interface Designer, Cognetics Corporation

Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555

Wed, 30 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. blaxxun javascript EAI, where?

2. eai from javascript

3. EAI with JavaScript

4. Help with javascript/EAI/IE4.x!!!

5. EAI and JavaScript

6. question on VRML & Javascript + EAI

7. VRML+JavaScript+Java&EAI error on NT (but not 95)

8. Javascript and the EAI

9. EAI and JAVASCRIPT

10. JavaScript EAI?

11. Javascript and the EAI