IE5 upgrade to MIcrosoft (WorldView) 2.1 VRML viewer
Author Message
 IE5 upgrade to MIcrosoft (WorldView) 2.1 VRML viewer

I "upgraded" IE5 to the latest vrml viewer from Microsoft. Now I cannot get
the browser to display VRML files from my local drive (File open.....). How
come?

TIA,
Randy

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IE5 upgrade to MIcrosoft (WorldView) 2.1 VRML viewer
If you haven't tried this yet, you may have to embed your wrl into an html
file.  It fixed a similar problem I have.
Quote:

>I "upgraded" IE5 to the latest VRML viewer from Microsoft. Now I cannot get
>the browser to display VRML files from my local drive (File open.....). How
>come?

>TIA,
>Randy

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IE5 upgrade to MIcrosoft (WorldView) 2.1 VRML viewer
I've seen that is a problem in Windows 98. In Windows NT it seems that it
works.
Quote:

>If you haven't tried this yet, you may have to embed your wrl into an html
>file.  It fixed a similar problem I have.

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IE5 upgrade to MIcrosoft (WorldView) 2.1 VRML viewer
This works but makes life a little harder. The last version would let me
open the .wrl file directly.

I'm using WinNT 4.0 service pack 3.

Thanks for the suggestions

Randy

Quote:
> If you haven't tried this yet, you may have to embed your wrl into an html
> file.  It fixed a similar problem I have.

> >I "upgraded" IE5 to the latest VRML viewer from Microsoft. Now I cannot
get
> >the browser to display VRML files from my local drive (File open.....).
How
> >come?

> >TIA,
> >Randy

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IE5 upgrade to MIcrosoft (WorldView) 2.1 VRML viewer
I finally found the help file (under Start/Programs/Worldview/Help (last
update mid 1997?) and it does say that you can't open a local file if it
contains a viewpoint. For all of us who used the old MSVRML2.0, this
makes life more difficult because we can see how weak that is. However,
after finding problems that didn't show in the old version, I am
satisfied that the new is actually better than the old. I'm now
beginning to recall some old comments in this ng about WV2.1.

Good Luck,
Joe Williams
www.hypermultimedia.com

Techno and Promo HyperMultiMedia

Thu, 22 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IE5 upgrade to MIcrosoft (WorldView) 2.1 VRML viewer
me too. Originally, I use cosmo player 2.1 in both netscape and IE5
When I installed worldView to the browers, it didn't work and continuous

cheers, ...../ mcbear

Quote:

> I "upgraded" IE5 to the latest VRML viewer from Microsoft. Now I cannot get
> the browser to display VRML files from my local drive (File open.....). How
> come?

> TIA,
> Randy

Thu, 29 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IE5 upgrade to MIcrosoft (WorldView) 2.1 VRML viewer
I also recently upgraded from IE 4.01 to IE 5.  I was using Cosmo
Player 2.1 under 4.01.  When I upgraded, I also used Cosmo player 2.1.

I have no problem opening .wrl files from my hard drives on either my
NT (SP5), Win89, or Win95 systems.

Quote:
> I "upgraded" IE5 to the latest VRML viewer from Microsoft. Now I
cannot get
> the browser to display VRML files from my local drive (File
open.....). How
> come?

> TIA,
> Randy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Microsoft VRML 2.0 versus Intervista's WorldView 2.1

2. WorldView 2.1 vs Cosmo Player 2.1

3. Microsoft VRML 2.0 Viewer questions

4. WorldView for Developers 2.1

5. No more Textures with WorldView 2.1

6. Worldview 2.1 is ace!

7. WorldView 2.1

8. WorldView 2.1

9. IE5 and VRML2 microsoft plugin with EAI

10. CPD 2.1 Upgrades

11. CPD 2.1 upgrades

12. Can i upgrade Max 2.0 to 2.1