plugin or special browser
Author Message
 plugin or special browser

i want to start to programm in vrml. what is the best to see vrml.based
homepages; a plugin for netscape / iexplorer or is there a browser which
is specialized in vrml?

which is a good vrml-editor?

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 plugin or special browser

Quote:

> i want to start to programm in vrml. what is the best to see vrml.based
> homepages; a plugin for netscape / iexplorer or is there a browser which
> is specialized in vrml?

There are both.  See http://home.hiwaay.net/~crispen/vrmlworks/
-- click "Get Browser".

Quote:
> which is a good vrml-editor?

Same URL.  Click "Model Objects".
--
Bob Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 plugin or special browser
Bob Crispen schrieb:

Quote:

> > which is a good vrml-editor?

> Same URL.  Click "Model Objects".

Doesn't everyone have a vrml Editor installed??
I mean some Notepad or vi or equal ...
Believe me, the best way to create your world is in plain text.

--
Linux is like an Indian tent: No Windows - No Gates and Apache inside *gGg*

Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 plugin or special browser

Quote:

> Doesn't everyone have a vrml Editor installed??
> I mean some Notepad or vi or equal ...
> Believe me, the best way to create your world is in plain text.

I personally think different people will always have different
definitions of "best" and "easiest".  Certainly vim[1] is the
cheapest of all the editors, and while I've used it for years
on VRML, vi is now my second favorite VRML editor.  I even have
a couple of worlds that have never seen the insides of vi, and
I don't think they're any the worse for it.

What's scarier is that I use a wysiwyg HTML editor nowadays.  I
put it down to advancing age and creeping laziness.  Of course
it might be that the tools have gotten good enough that the
ratio of aggravation to quality of output has finally crept
below unity for someone of my easily aggravated disposition.
--
Bob Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net
What we're looking for: destinations.
What we end up getting: journeys.

[1] I've even lowered my standards on vi.  Nowadays I use gvim
even on my Unix boxes: since I've got a reasonably reliable
Win95 machine on my desk[2], I set up samba on all the Unix
machines I use regularly so I can use vim's infinite undo/redo,
cursor snap to mouse click, and yank buffer persistence between
files.[3]

[2] For a Win95 machine.

[3] I needed samba for other things, and I loathe and despise
eXceed which I'd have needed to use if I wanted to use a native
gvim on the Unix boxes.

Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> LCSI Web Browser PlugIn

2. Eiffel web browser plugin?

3. Cosmo player 2.1 plugin for aol 4.0 browser

4. Browser plugin

5. Java Plugin and VRML Browser

6. Browser::getBrowser: Plugin pointer not available.

7. New VRML browser plugin: WORLDPROBE

8. What Browser/Plugin Does VRML2.0 in W95?

9. Multi-plugin browser

10. Unix Vrml Plugin/Browser

11. Tcl/Tk Browser Plugin

12. Tcl/Tk browser plugin v3.0 ready for test - known issues