How To... Easily Change Viewpoints from HTML
Author Message
 How To... Easily Change Viewpoints from HTML

Hi,

 I am sure that there is an easy way to change a viewpoint in vrml from a
hyperlink but I would prefer it to be done by not jumping (loading wrl in
new viewpoint).

is there an easy and foolproof way I can do this on a web site containing a
number of worlds? say I want buttons on a page with all VP links...

Thanks in advance,

Boz

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How To... Easily Change Viewpoints from HTML
Hi,
you can just do it with netscape and cosmoplayer...

and javascript.

--
Kveejur / Gruesse / Regards
                                  Sigrn

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How To... Easily Change Viewpoints from HTML
Most(?) of VRML Browser don't support "#xxx".So you must write a JavaScript
& VBScript to judge if user's browser support it.
I don't think it's "Easy" OR "Foolproof" way.
Is Waiting two or more years "Easy" and "Foolproof" way?
Quote:

> I am sure that there is an easy way to change a viewpoint in VRML from a
>hyperlink but I would prefer it to be done by not jumping (loading wrl in
>new viewpoint).
>is there an easy and foolproof way I can do this on a web site containing
>a number of worlds? say I want buttons on a page with all VP links...

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How To... Easily Change Viewpoints from HTML

Quote:

> Hi,

>  I am sure that there is an easy way to change a viewpoint in VRML from a
> hyperlink but I would prefer it to be done by not jumping (loading wrl in
> new viewpoint).

> is there an easy and foolproof way I can do this on a web site containing a
> number of worlds? say I want buttons on a page with all VP links...

> Thanks in advance,

> Boz

Using javascript links to change the viewpoint is demonstrated with
source code in my demo at http://pw1.netcom.com/~ltrav/index.html  Only
thing is, it involves also having a Java applet and EAI. If you could
live with Netscape-only, you could probably write the equivalent in just
JavaScript with LiveConnect. That approach to EAI is demonstrated at
http://vrml.miningco.com/library/bljsvrml2js.htm

Lars

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How I changed viewpoints from a form in an HTML frame

2. Changing viewpoints from HTML

3. How to easily detect record changes?

4. linking to particular viewpoint in a vrml-file from an html-file

5. connect a viewpoint from a html page???

6. HTML links Linking TO VRML ViewPoints

7. HTML viewpoint in VRML

8. change viewpoint by Javascript

9. Gliding Viewpoint change with EAI

10. Viewpoint changing...

11. change viewpoint with java

12. Javascript driven viewpoint and texture changes.