http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,10228,5080899,00.html
what is "ShockWave 8.5"?

Evgeny

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:08:53 GMT
 "Slow surfing enters a new dimension"?
I like this quote from the page:

"Although 3D animation and graphics have been available on the Web for some
time, only people with broadband Internet connections have been able to
access them in a reasonable amount of time."  and "The days of
two-dimensional Web surfing will soon be over--even for folks with 56kbps
modems"

Hey you what???
I can *only* get 28.8k and I don't have any problems.

"A "bones" feature, for example, lets developers make a human figure move on
a screen by sending a series of images and a reference model to a person's
computer. The image is able to adjust and change using information that has
passed from a server to a person's computer, without importing large amounts
of data."

Maybe its just me, but does this paragraph contradict itself?

There is also a lot of information/refences to H-Amin fields, concepts etc.
eg assigning body weight to a model.

Paul Aslin

Quote:
> Hi

> http://www.zdnet.com/enterprise/stories/main/0,10228,5080899,00.html
> what is "ShockWave 8.5"?

Its like ShockWave 8 with and extra half added.

Clearly Macromedia are even following software conventions where major
additions equal 1 and minor ones equal 0.5 etc. Maybe the use a different
system for numbering where 1 is when it is all their ideas and 0.5 when they
nicked half of it. LOL

Quote:
> Evgeny

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:58:21 GMT
 "Slow surfing enters a new dimension"?

on 12 Apr 2001:

Quote:
>There is also a lot of information/refences to H-Amin fields,
>concepts etc. eg assigning body weight to a model.

Presumably an H-Amin field would have quite a bit of body weight.

Or if you're from the UK and read Private Eye...

Sorry, I need to get tired and emotional tomorrow night.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

Let me tell you what else is in trouble here: the Internet. In the
end, the Internet itself will not be able to survive if it becomes
a haven for illegal activity. - Edgar Bronfman

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:16:50 GMT

1. The "new" Forth Dimensions

2. ANNOUNCE: new "plus"- and "dash"-patches available for Tcl7.5a2/Tk4.1a2

3. Arrays dimension changed by "for loop"

4. Fig's "Forth Dimensions"

5. Problems with "DIMENSION"

6. expect # and "please enter y :."

7. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

8. "use" slow on remote computer -- Win95

9. Slow "recording" on winXP Command

10. Drawing in "Slow motion".

11. "wm deiconify" is sometimes really slow

12. SUMMARY: writing "not slow" smalltalk (long)