Native libraries in vrml.field package
Author Message
 Native libraries in vrml.field package

Hi,

Does anyone know which native libraries the vrml.field package requires?
I'll explain -

I'm trying to construct an MFString object:

        MFString test = new MFString () ;

In an applet running in CosmoPlayer beta 3a (Netscape 3.0, WinNT) this
code works fine. However, when I try to run an application which
includes this line on my SGI, I get:

        java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: construct
                at vrml.field.MFString.<init>(MFString.java:19)

Running 'javap -private vrml.field.MFString' shows that there is a
method:

        private native long construct(int);

It seems to me that on my PC setup, the native libraries called by
System.load() in this method are in the path somewhere. Unfortunately,
on my SGI, this isn't the case. Documentation suggests that setting the
environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH would fix the problem, if only I
knew what to put in there. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Doug.

Sun, 26 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Package vrml.external.field not found in import

2. VRML/java scripting example and vrml.* packages

3. JAVA + VRML (VRML libraries)

4. ANN: kobra - a native .NET wrapper library

5. Integrating Mac OS X's native Ruby with fink libraries

6. Trouble in native library...

7. Executing Native programs from VRML

8. Libraries (and/vs) Native Language support

9. Java Native Interface with Fortran shared libraries?

10. CL -> native .elf, w/o library dependency

11. Help: What means field orientation of camera (VRML 1.0)

12. WWWAnchor node (VRML 1) need a multi-line description field