LOD problem
Author Message
 LOD problem

Quote:

> I decided to put each group of rooms inside an LOD. When you're close up,
> you get interior walls, doorways, fireplaces, and so on. When you're a
> long way away, just the basic cuboid is plenty, especially as this is
> going in-line in a much larger city (I hope).  LOD time, obviously.

> When I go into Cosmo,
> it all comes apart. I have one range: 100. When I'm > 100 away, I get the
> boxes as planned. When I'm < 100, I get a blank space, which looks
> remarkably silly.

> The temple lives at
> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~janewill/vrml/orlanth.wrl

   The problem comes from a confusion between the Material
line and the ones that really define the objects. You wrote
something like that:

LOD {
   center 0 0 0
   range [ 100 ]
   Material { diffuseColor  0.9 0.9 0.9 } # Wrong place
   Separator {
      # "detailed" version
   }
   Separator {
      # Much less detailed version
   }

Quote:
} # LOD

   And you should have written:

LOD {
   center 0 0 0
   range [ 100 ]
   Separator {
      Material { diffuseColor  0.9 0.9 0.9 } # Correct place
      # "detailed" version
   }
   Separator {
      Material { diffuseColor  0.9 0.9 0.9 } # Correct place
      # Much less detailed version
   }

Quote:
} # LOD

   By the way, I don't think the center of your object
is in 0 0 0.
   Cheers.

       Produce 3D files with programming languages
http://www.*-*-*.com/

This message has been sent through a Web-to-USENET posting relay available
from http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~newzbot.  This particular message originated from
206.154.132.183.

Mon, 27 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOD problems

2. LOD problem...help!

3. Problem with LOD within PROTO

4. LOD, 3DSMAX, and variable visibility limit problem

5. Downloading problem with LOD

6. Alternative formulation of LOD (Re: Law of Demeter)

7. LOD overhead

8. Dynamic LOD filtering?

9. add children to lod

10. lod-inlines loading to early