VRML tower crane / annoying ProximitySensor problem
Author Message
 VRML tower crane / annoying ProximitySensor problem

Hi,

I've added a tower crane to my excavator vrml world.  You can see them
at http://www.*-*-*.com/

There is a slight problem when viewing it with CosmoPlayer 2.1 and
Windows.  I don't have this problem on an SGI workstation.

I use a ProximitySensor to have a heads-up-display for the excavator,
tower crane, and dumptruck controls.  Everything works fine as it always
has except when you go to the CraneOperator and Hook viewpoints the
heads-up-display disappears.  I've tried lots of things and I can't
figure out what the problem is.

Any suggestions?  Thanks,

--
Bob Lipman                   |  (301) 975-3829

100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8630  |   http://www.*-*-*.com/
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8630  |   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML tower crane / annoying ProximitySensor problem

Quote:

> I've added a tower crane to my excavator VRML world.  You can see them
> at http://math.nist.gov/mcsd/Staff/RLipman/vrml/vrml.html

I love the excavator :)

Quote:
> I use a ProximitySensor to have a heads-up-display for the excavator,
> tower crane, and dumptruck controls.  Everything works fine as it always
> has except when you go to the CraneOperator and Hook viewpoints the
> heads-up-display disappears.  I've tried lots of things and I can't
> figure out what the problem is.

> Any suggestions?  Thanks,

Just a simple one... Are you really sure that you are still within the
proxySensor?

Another note about the HUD. I can't seem to find the right ratio of my
window to get it on the right place. The HUD is always partly off screen
for me.

/Niclas
--
Niclas Olofsson           Ume? University, Sweden
Pedagoggr?nd 1A-210       Student, Dep. of Computing Science

                          http://www.acc.umu.se/~gurun
                          http://www.geometrek.com
--
"En seglare ber inte om medvind, han l?r sig segla"

Wed, 30 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML tower crane / annoying ProximitySensor problem
I have another suggestion...i think the HUD is a little too far away
from the *screen* and is being oscured by other objects when they are
very close to the screen..
i think...
geoff

--
                                    *
                                   ***

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML tower crane / annoying ProximitySensor problem

Quote:

> I have another suggestion...i think the HUD is a little too far away
> from the *screen* and is being oscured by other objects when they are
> very close to the screen..

I had to put the HUD a bit away from the screen because it has some
depth because of the levers.  If it is too close to the screen then the
tops of the levers get clipped.

However, when the HUD disappears for the CraneOperator and Hook
viewpoints, the HUD is always gone.  When in those viewpoints you can
rotate, zoom, pan, do anything and the HUD is always not visible.  I
suspect that somehow the HUD is behind the viewer.  Why I don't know.

--
Bob Lipman                   |  (301) 975-3829

100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8630  |  http://math.nist.gov/mcsd/Staff/RLipman/
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8630  |  http://www.bfrl.nist.gov/

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML tower crane / annoying ProximitySensor problem

Quote:

> > I've added a tower crane to my excavator VRML world.  You can see them
> > at http://math.nist.gov/mcsd/Staff/RLipman/vrml/vrml.html

> I love the excavator :)

> > I use a ProximitySensor to have a heads-up-display for the excavator,
> > tower crane, and dumptruck controls.  Everything works fine as it always
> > has except when you go to the CraneOperator and Hook viewpoints the
> > heads-up-display disappears.  I've tried lots of things and I can't
> > figure out what the problem is.

> > Any suggestions?  Thanks,

> Just a simple one... Are you really sure that you are still within the
> proxySensor?

Yes, the size of the senson encloses the entire world.

Quote:

> Another note about the HUD. I can't seem to find the right ratio of my
> window to get it on the right place. The HUD is always partly off screen
> for me.

I always have the window full screen and the HUDs are always on the
screen.  You can reposition the HUDs by dragging them around with the
top grey bar.

--
Bob Lipman                   |  (301) 975-3829

100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8630  |  http://math.nist.gov/mcsd/Staff/RLipman/
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8630  |  http://www.bfrl.nist.gov/

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML tower crane / annoying ProximitySensor problem

Quote:

> Hi,

> I've added a tower crane to my excavator VRML world.  You can see them
> at http://math.nist.gov/mcsd/Staff/RLipman/vrml/vrml.html

> There is a slight problem when viewing it with CosmoPlayer 2.1 and
> Windows.  I don't have this problem on an SGI workstation.

> I use a ProximitySensor to have a heads-up-display for the excavator,
> tower crane, and dumptruck controls.  Everything works fine as it always
> has except when you go to the CraneOperator and Hook viewpoints the
> heads-up-display disappears.  I've tried lots of things and I can't
> figure out what the problem is.

I fixed it.  I moved the heads-up-display a little farther away and that
cleared up the problem on the Windows version of Cosmoplayer.

Quote:

> Any suggestions?  Thanks,

> --
> Bob Lipman                   |  (301) 975-3829

> 100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8630  |  http://math.nist.gov/mcsd/Staff/RLipman/
> Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8630  |  http://www.bfrl.nist.gov/

--
Bob Lipman                   |  (301) 975-3829

100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8630  |  http://math.nist.gov/mcsd/Staff/RLipman/
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8630  |  http://www.bfrl.nist.gov/

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Causing a CollisionSensor or ProximitySensor to load up another VRML file

2. ProximitySensor problem

3. ProximitySensor problem

4. VRML EAI problems: Java3d solves many portabilty problems of VRML

5. IE6 +VRML + javascript in VRML trouble (was: problem using javascript window.open in VRML)

6. Annoying Little Problem

7. Annoying problem

8. Annoying DIRECTORY() Problem

9. [Not urgent] Annoying problem regarding invalid keys.

10. Annoying problem with php and mysql

11. Really, really annoying problem

12. Annoying problem with rexec